The Design Studio Support Specialist be will MATCHED with entrepreneurs and small businesses in need of assistance with short and long-term projects, including interior design, architectural, project management, BIM (Building Information Modeling), design research, design planner/project assist, administrative, and/or other relevant design studio services based on the client request.
Our ideal candidate is driven, and passionate about design with the ability to assess work request and get the job done. Although he/she is a contractor, he/she will work with clients for a set timeframe, participate as a team player, and will be paid a fixed amount to accomplish the defined assignment.
The Specialist also a creative and friendly designer that love's technology and connecting with other professionals in the cloud. She/he keep up to date on relevant architectural/design news and trends.
This is a remote, independent contractor position. Matched contractors are paid hourly for completed work (with client deliverables) while honing their design business skills from anywhere.
Receiving support from our Partner team from start to completion of engagement.
This opportunity is open to US-based candidates who have a 4+ year degree from an accredited US-based College / University, and is willing to complete/submit screening results (e.g., background and education).
- Be able to conduct work assigned for each client engagement. (Hours could vary and be off-peak business hours)
- Complete work assigned
- Converse confidently with both client and DSH & Co. staff via chat, phone or email
- Prepare/submit any assignment documentation
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Interior Design or Architecture
- Minimum of two (2) years of related work experience in architecture or interior design; or strategy related role within the industry
- Passed the National Council for Interior Design Qualifications (NCIDQ) exam, is a plus
- MFA or M.Arch degree, is a plus
- Strong understanding of the design business and its strategies
- Well versed of the full project life cycle in the architecture and/or interior design industry
- Knowledge of best practices, quality standards, and procedures in an architecture or interior design firm
- Specialize in the respective field and/or assigned job
- Association with professional organizations/networks that are associated with respective fields/specialities
- Working knowledge of Computer-aided-design (CAD) software (e.g., AutoCAD, REvit, Adobe programs, SketchUP and other relevant software)
- Strong working knowledge of all Microsoft Office programs and the ability to use a computer/tablet
- Advanced communication skills, both verbal and written, in English
- Experience using iOS and/or android devices
- Ability to maintain confidentiality