Are you a leader that is passionate about design and experienced in every aspect of the design process? An individual who wants to expand their own freelance or design practice?
If you work in the New York, Washington, DC, Chicago, Atlanta areas, and beyond we want to partner with you.
At DSH & CO., reinvention is our motto, and there has never been a better time to become part of an innovative program geared to working with other design firms (small or large) as a project-based design expert.
This opportunity is for experienced, enthusiastic Interior Designers, with an entrepreneurial mindset and their own design business, who has over 5 years experience in the design field and want to be part of a network.
As an interior designer, you will have the unique opportunity to work and earn money on your own schedule, while making the most of your time outside of your 9-to-5 job, other freelance work, or design practice.
Our interior designers will drive change within the design industry that spans within the DSH & CO.’s Partner network and beyond. And DSH & CO. succeeds when our partners and clients do.
As an Interior Designer, you will:
- Be a solution oriented leader who demonstrates creativity, design, and the skills to support clients goals and completing work within the designated timeframe
- Provide interior design expertise with the task of completing design work, supporting a team with a project deadline, or temporarily expanding their design team
- Create own proposals (including project approach, schedule, deliverables, etc.)
- Deliver own project contracts
- Use best design practices, quality standards, and procedures
- Have outstanding ability to maintain existing client relationships and build new client base
- Create project presentations for individuals or small client group viewing
- Have experience working 1:1 with others remotely or in the virtual office environment, preferred
- Use strong and effective visual, written, and verbal design communication methods and techniques that you can convey via email, phone, or video conference environment
- Provide project deliverables in a timely manner
- Conduct follow-up of all completed design work to assess and measure results
- Foster a commitment to external and internal client service
If you are ready to design, impress, engage, and support the work of other firms as a project-based design expert, join the DSH & CO. Partner Network and let’s work together to move the design industry forward through this digital age.
For full consideration, please apply at:
This is a remote, entrepreneurial opportunity for experienced architects and interior design professionals. Architects and Designers are paid* per their completed project (with client project deliverables).
*Note: Pay rate is based on education, skills, and experience in the respective field or by the designer.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in Interior Design, Interior Architecture, or another related design discipline from an accredited US-based college or university
- Minimum 5 years of experience in leadership roles within interior design or interior architectural function
- Strong leader with the understanding of the architecture and/or design business with a strategic mindset
- Demonstrate ability to manage projects from inception to completion
- Leadership skills including the ability to lead with influence and demonstrate an ability to blend the practice of interior design, project management, and creativity to measurable business outcomes
- Strong technical experience with 3D Modeling, Computer-aided design (CAD) software, BIM and/or other industry related tools
- Digital Drawing & sketching
- Ability and readiness to work remotely/online
- Fluent in English - both written and verbal - other languages, a plus
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
Preferred Prof & Technical Experience
- CIDA accreditation preferred
- Two or more professional certifications desired (NCIDQ, CID, LEED, AP, WELL AP, PMI, etc.)
- Proven working experience in interior design or Interior architecture
- Working knowledge of interior design, research, and strategic/business planning
- Experience with the use of building codes and inspection regulations, and universal accessibility standards
DSH & CO. offers our partners all sorts of benefits. Among the many benefits, partners receive their own profile where they can connect with clients from anywhere, including a profile page where you can add your bio, images (e.g., profile picture and office, desk, or design images), appointment scheduler, instant messaging system, and more. Multiple income streams, including a link in the Design Community where you'll have an opportunity to reach prospective clients. Access to cloud-based payroll, benefits, and human resource management solution. ...and so much more. Visit us at: www.dshandco.com to learn more about our opportunity.