Are you a leader that is passionate about helping other architect professionals solve complex challenges and supporting them through meeting their goals?
If you work in the New York, Boston, MA, Washington D.C. areas, and beyond we want to partner with you.
At DSH & CO., reinvention is our motto, and there has never been a better time to become part of an innovative program geared to working with architectural design business owners who are looking for help to succeed in the architecture industry.
This opportunity is for experienced, enthusiastic licensed Architects, with an entrepreneurial mindset, who will provide one-to-one online coaching to help individuals solve problems and develop new strategies to meet their design business goal(s).
Coach, you will have the unique opportunity to work and earn money on your own schedule, while making the most of your time outside of your 9-to-5 job, other freelance work, or design practice.
Our licensed architectural business coaches will drive change within the design industry that spans within the DSH & CO.’s Partner network and beyond. And DSH & CO. succeeds when our partners and clients do.
As an licensed Architectural Business Coach, you will:
- Coach entrepreneurs and small architectural design firm owners providing knowledge, expertise, guidance, and feedback to help support the growth of individuals
- Provide interior design expertise by assisting and guiding entrepreneurs and small design firm owners with the task of meeting their goal, solving an issue, and reinventing their design practice
- Ability to coach to best design practices, quality standards, and procedures
- Outstanding ability to maintain existing client relationships and build new client base
- A solution oriented leader who demonstrates creativity, design, and business skills to support clients with meeting their goals or solving issues within their design business
- Experience working 1:1 with others remotely or in the virtual office environment, preferred
- Strong and effective visual, written, and verbal design communication methods and techniques that you can convey via email, phone, or video conference environment.
- Provide Action Plan based on observations and key solutions to issues in a timely manner
- Conduct follow-up of all completed design coaching sessions to assess and measure results
If you are ready to support, impress, engage, and encourage people to meet their design business goal(s), join the DSH & CO. Partner Network and let’s work together to move the design industry forward through this digital age.
For full consideration, please apply at:
This is a remote, entrepreneurial opportunity for experienced licensed architectural design professionals. Licensed Architects are paid* per their completed coaching session (with client action deliverables).
*Note: Pay rate is based on education, skills, and experience in the respective field.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Earned a Architecture, Master of Architecture, or Doctor of Architecture degree from a US-based program accredited by the National Architectural Accrediting Board (NAAB)
- Licensed within one of the 55 U.S. jurisdictions, required
- Minimum 7 years of experience in leadership roles within architectural firm or own firm
- Strong leader with the understanding of the architecture and/or design business with a strategic mindset
- Demonstrate ability to manage and coach on the entire architectural design process (e.g., programming, schematic, design development, construction)
- Leadership skills including the ability to lead with influence and demonstrate an ability to blend the practice of Architectural design and mentoring solutions to measurable business outcomes
- Strong technical experience in architecture, mathematics, drawing and design, with an excellent eye for detail
- Highly skilled with AutoCAD, Revit, BIM, etc.
- Ability and readiness to work via video conferencing, phone, email
- Fluent in English - both written and verbal - other languages, a plus
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
Preferred Prof & Technical Experience
- NCARB accreditation required
- Two or more professional certifications desired (e.g., NCARB, AIA, AIAS, ACSA, or NAAB)
- Proven working experience in Architectural design and/or Interior architecture
- Working knowledge of small business market
- Proven experience with the use of building codes and inspection regulations, and universal accessibility standards
DSH & CO. offers our partners all sorts of benefits. Among the many benefits, partners receive their own profile where they can connect with clients from anywhere, including a profile page where you can add your bio, images (e.g., profile picture and office, desk, or design images), appointment scheduler, instant messaging system, and more. Multiple income streams, including a link in the Design Community where you'll have an opportunity to reach prospective clients. Access to cloud-based payroll, benefits, and human resource management solution. ...and so much more. Visit us at: www.dshandco.com to learn more about our opportunity.