The PA to the Director of Nursing will provide secretarial and administrative support to the Director of Nursing, Dental Nurse Tutors and Clinic Nurse Managers within the Dublin Dental University and Hospital. S/he will be key to supporting the efficient running of the Nursing department and Nursing education department and all its activities. The successful candidate should also keep in mind a team approach to raise the profile of the Nursing departments and profession.
Applicants for the post must have:
- Have a minimum of 3 years experience in an administrative role.
- Be fully competent in the full MS Office as well as internet and other relevant packages.
Candidates must ideally:
- Have gained experience in a similar setting (healthcare/education).
- Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Be personally motivated with the ability to empower and motivate others
- Have the ability to work in a team
- Demonstrate adaptability to rapid changes taking place in the University and Hospital, educational and health services in general.
- Demonstrate a staff and students focused approach.
- Respect the need for confidentiality at all times and to act with discretion
- Have proven organisational, administrative, analytical and problem-solving skills; be able to identify potential difficulties and formulate solutions
- Have the ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Have the ability to work on own initiative, prioritise and manage a number of issues simultaneously and demonstrate attention to detail
- Be flexible and adaptable
- Have the ability to relate effectively with staff, patients and students at all levels
- Hold an appropriate administrative/secretarial qualification as well as the ECDL
Closing Date for Applications:
Monday, 1st July 2019 at 12 noon
Shortlisting will take place.
Dublin Dental University Hospital is an equal opportunities employer.