Applications are invited for the following post: Qualified Dental Hygienist in Research
The Dublin Dental University Hospital (DDUH) Microbiology Research Unit, Division of Biosciences, Trinity College Dublin, is an internationally acclaimed research unit with research interests covering a wide range of basic, applied and translational microbiology. Some of our main research themes focus on investigating the population dynamics of significant bacterial pathogens including Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) and coagulase-negative staphylococci (CoNS) and the application of electrochemically activated solutions as a means of microbial decontamination and disinfection.
A part-time position (three full days per week) funded by the Health Research Board (HRB) is available for a Dental Hygienist to recruit, examine and sample the oro-nasal, skin and periodontal tissues of patients with type II diabetes in order to investigate if the oro-nasal cavity and periodontal tissues can be a microbial reservoir for infection of diabetic foot ulcers. The Dental Hygienist will be a staff member of DDUH but will be based mainly at the Diabetes Day Centre at St. James’s Hospital (SJH), Dublin 8 and will involve close liaison with clinical teams and researchers based both in SJH and DDUH.
Each successful candidate must have:
- Diploma in Dental Hygiene
- Several years post-graduate experience as a Dental Hygienist
- Be registered with the Dental Council of Ireland
- Be familiar and adept with Microsoft Office (e.g. particularly Excel, Word and Outlook)
- Be highly motivated, self-directed and have an interest in participating in research.
Candidates will ideally:
- Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Have the ability to work in a team
- Have proven organisational, administrative, analytical and problem-solving skills; be able to identify potential difficulties and formulate solutions
- Have the ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines
- Have the ability to work on own initiative, prioritise and manage a number of projects
For further information regarding this role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
THE CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS IS
FRIDAY THE 12th OF JULY 2019 - 12.00 NOON.
Short listing will take place and interviews will be scheduled for mid- to late July 2019
Dublin Dental University Hospital is an equal opportunities employer.