Junior House Officer (12 Months Fixed-Term Contract) * Up to 6 Posts
Junior House Officer
(12 Months Fixed-Term Contract)
* Up to 6 Posts
The position reports to and is accountable to the Clinical Director or by any other authorised designated officer that the responsibility is delegated to by the Clinical Director such as the Executive Registrar.
The role of the Junior House Officer includes but is not limited to:
- The examination and treatment of patients attending the Dublin Dental University Hospital or such other outside institutions as the Board shall determine from time to time.
- The Junior House Officer will keep appropriate records of patients under their care.
- The Junior House Officer will also ensure the furnishing of reports and the general supervision of the clinical work he/she is carrying out under the direction and control of the Hospital Board, the Dean of Dental Affairs, and the Consultant in Charge of the Department, or clinics to which he/she may be assigned from time to time.
- Administrative duties with regard to the follow up of patient care.
- The post is regarded as a training post and as such the satisfactory performance of the duties is held to include the acquiring of further knowledge and skill. To this end study/research period will be available at the discretion of the Board.
- You will be expected to attend as per the clinical postings. An example of the Junior House Officer clinical postings is attached for your information however this is subject to change.
- The overall administrative responsibility for non-consultant Hospital staff is with the Chairperson of the Hospital Clinical Committee who generally delegates that responsibility to the Executive Registrar.
- The post may require the provision of an emergency “on Call” services both on site and off site for the Dublin Dental University Hospital or such other institutions as the Board shall determine from time to time.
- The post holder will attend all meetings as required.
Each successful candidate must:
- Be a dentist who is fully registered or registerable on the Register of Dentists of the Irish Dental Council.
- The selected candidate if not registered on the Register of Dentists, will be required, before appointment, to be so registered.
- In accordance with HSE Circular 012/2009 ‘Implementation of Recommendation of Report on the Prevention of Transmission of Blood borne diseases in the health care setting’, candidates must furnish the Dublin Dental University Hospital with: 1) Evidence of their Hepatitis B Titre Levels, 2) Evidence to state that they are Hepatitis B Negative, 3) Evidence to state that they are Hepatitis C negative. These three pieces of documentation must all be dated within 6 months of your start date in the Hospital
- Ideally have a clear understanding of his/her career path and the role this appointment could play in the pursuit of clearly identified career goals.
Applications will be accepted through HireHive only
Closing date for applications: 5pm, 17th April 2020
Interview dates to be confirmed.
Appointment to these posts will be for a period of one year, subject to ongoing satisfactory appraisal, commencing early July 2020.
Shortlisting will take place
Dublin Dental University Hospital is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to the employment policies, procedures and practices, which do not discriminate on grounds such as gender, civil status, family status, age, disability, race, religious belief, sexual orientation & membership of the traveller community.