The Dublin Dental University Hospital is seeking to recruit a Senior Radiographer to join the team. This is a full time, permanent contract reporting to the Head of Facilities.
The role of the Senior Radiographer includes but is not limited to:
- Cone Beam computed tomography imaging.
- Imaging patient and assisting students with imaging patients.
- Managing patient workloads for Radiographers and students.
- Actively participate in the teaching of students in the clinical setting
- Performing student radiography competencies, QA tests and reporting on findings.
- Play an active role in the continuing development of dental radiographic courses.
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team in the provision of an integrated
- Patient centred service.
- Adhere to all departmental imaging protocols; be responsible for the correct identification of patient images.
- Adhere to professional guidelines as determined by the Irish Institute of Radiographers and Radiation Therapists.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of agreed policies, procedures and safe professional practice
- Ensure the correct completion of records and reports
- Monitor and adhere to relevant legislation, regulations and standards relevant to the use of ionising radiation
- Performing such other duties appropriate to the office and ad hoc projects as may be assigned to him/her.
- Attending and participating in all meetings as required.
Each candidate must:
- Possess a Diploma of the College of Radiographers, B. Sc. in Radiography or equivalent qualification. Qualifications obtained outside the Republic of Ireland will require validation
- Be registered with CORU
- Have a minimum of 3 years’ post qualification experience
- Relevant experience in a healthcare environment
- Have proven leadership skills.
- Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Be able to identify potential difficulties and formulate solution
- Be personally motivated with the ability to empower and motivate other
- Demonstrable adaptability to rapid changes taking place in the Hospital and external institutions, to include educational and health services in general.
- Demonstrate a patient and student focused approach
- Have an ability to demonstrate discretion in relation to clinical issues.
- Have the ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines.
- Have the ability to work on own initiative, prioritise and manage a number of issues simultaneously and demonstrate attention to detail.
- Have the ability to demonstrate efficient work management processes.
- Be able to demonstrate adaptability to rapid changes taking place in the Dublin Dental University Hospital and health and education services in general.
- Have excellent administrative and organisational skills including competency in MS Office and IT systems.
- Be free from any defect or disease which would render him/her unsuitable to hold office and be in a state of health as would indicate a reasonable prospect of ability to render regular and efficient service.
Closing Date for Applications is Friday the 30th of April, 5pm
Please note: all job offers are subject to references, Garda Vetting and pre-employment medical.
Dublin Dental University Hospital is an equal opportunities employer.