Luxury Retailer Looking for a Buyer
WHO WE ARE…
Elte, Ginger’s and Elte MKT are premium home furnishing brands, all based in Toronto. We provide our clients with a complete home décor experience by offering the highest quality, hand selected products from around the world – available for purchase in our stores and through our Ecommerce channel. Across our channels, we house a diverse selection of furniture, bedding, lighting, accessories, rug and broadloom as well as decorative plumbing, hardware and boutique items.
The Elte, Ginger’s and Elte Mkt brands represent a family tradition that began over 95 years ago. And we’re now continuing into our fourth generation with the same excitement and passion for our clients and our products.
What We ARE Looking For…
We are looking for a Buyer to curate a product assortment that propels our brand while driving sales, margin and inventory targets.
WHAT YOU DO (among other things):
- Develop and manage growth strategies for your assortment categories as well as meet financial goals as they relate to sales, margin, inventory, etc.
- Manage existing vendor relationships by exploring opportunities for growth and increased profitability and taking diligent notes of all interactions.
- Analyze business performance on a weekly basis and create action plans based on what’s working well and what needs to be improved.
- Attend seasonal trade shoes (as well as visit factories and/or showrooms) to view new products and gather product/pricing information on promising collections for the purpose of submitting an initial order.
- Provide product information to the sales team through sales department presentations as well as emails.
- Conduct seasonal assortment reviews to identify underperforming products (that need to be changed or discontinued), high performing products (that need increased resources and attention to maintain success) and product opportunities (based on observable gaps in our assortment)
- Actively source new products and negotiate new vendor relationships as it relates to pricing and distribution.
- Routinely walk the floor of our showrooms to check product presentation/quality, gather sales team feedback, and interact with our clients and anything else that may help in achieving sales and profitability targets.
- Maintain awareness of the competitive landscape with regards to pricing, assortment and emerging styles.
· Resolve product/vendor conflicts as they arise, while monitoring overall product/vendor performance when it comes to quality, delivery and accuracy.
· Work collaboratively with other departments, of which may include purchasing, marketing, merchandising and sales.
- 3 or more years of proven experience as buyer (preferably in the home furnishings industry).
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Experience managing vendor relationships.
- Ability to execute tasks on time and provide updates along the way.
- Strong organizational and note taking skills.
- Excellent data analysis abilities and highly proficient in Microsoft Excel.
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal) as well as effective negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated curiosity and excellent problem solving abilities.
If you are interested in this career opportunity, we’d love to hear from you. Please apply directly to the posting.
ELTE thanks all applicants who apply, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and Elte Accommodation Policy, accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.