Luxury Retailer Looking for a Product Developer and Designer
WHO WE ARE…
Elte, Ginger’s and Elte MKT are premium home furnishing brands, all based in Toronto. We provide our clients with a complete home décor experience by offering the highest quality, hand selected products from around the world – available for purchase in our stores and through our Ecommerce channel. Across our channels, we house a diverse selection of furniture, bedding, lighting, accessories, rug and broadloom as well as decorative plumbing, hardware and boutique items.
The Elte, Ginger’s and Elte Mkt brands represent a family tradition that began over 95 years ago. And we’re now continuing into our fourth generation with the same excitement and passion for our clients and our products.
What We ARE Looking For…
We are looking for a Product Developer and Designer to assist in developing products from initial concept through final production.
WHAT YOU DO (among other things):
- Develop in house products from initial concept through to final production (ie. turning an internal product concept into technical drawings, sending those drawings to our various factories, reviewing cost estimates, ordering and reviewing material swatches, ordering and reviewing actual samples, finalizing the product and submitting our initial order).
- Facilitating the product development process for external designer collaborations.
- Executing product research to determine things such as ideal price points, product features and areas of opportunity. They may include data analysis, digital research, buyer or sales team feedback.
- Develop and maintain our design library and well as a material sample library.
- Traveling to factories, trade shows and showrooms as needed.
- Working collaboratively with other departments of which may include buying, marketing and sales.
- 3-5 years proven industry experience in furniture design/CAD position or a similar role.
- Degree level qualifications in furniture or industrial design.
- A profile of work (must include furniture) that demonstrates strong technical and creative abilities.
- Sound knowledge and experience using programs like Solidworks, AutoCAD, Photoshop, InDesign, Rino3D, Sketch-Up or other comparable design programs.
- Experience with the product development process (ie. working with a factory from the initial concept through to the final production product).
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail.
Passionate about design and interiors.
· Strong understanding of the manufacturing process, capabilities and materials.
If you are interested in this career opportunity, we’d love to hear from you. Please apply directly to the posting.
ELTE thanks all applicants who apply, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and Elte Accommodation Policy, accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.