WHO WE ARE
For over 100 years, our mission has been to inspire our customers’ through beautiful product and design. At ELTE, we look for individuals who are excited to continue our family tradition of creating beautiful spaces in our customers’ homes while providing them with an excellent in-store experience.
The prep cook is primarily responsible for safely preparing the ingredients required for items on the menu in a sanitary environment. This is a 4 month contract with full time hours offering the opportunity for a full time job offer after completion of contract with good perfomance.
- Prepare breakfast items for the morning menu
- Ensure sandwich station is prepped and ready to go for lunch service
- Ensure all soup and daily special prep is prepared as directed for lunch
- Prepare for catering or event orders as directed
- Record monthly inventory as directed by manager or sous chef
- On occasion order supplies as needed for the café
- To make sure kitchen is locked and all items secured before leaving
- Adhere to routine cleaning schedule of the kitchen
- Ensure all preparation of food and/or drinks meets health and safety guidelines
- Multi-tasking and handling interruptions that require regular refocusing
- Standing for long periods of time
- Frequent and repetitive lifting and bending
Minimum Qualifications and Skills
· 1 year of cooking experience
· Food handlers permit
· Ability to listen and understand a client’s request
· Excellent time management and organization skills
· Accountable and reliable
· Courteous mannerism with a customer focus
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
This position will require for you to be working full time Sunday’s-Thursday’s with days off being Friday and Saturday’s. In order to be considered a candidate, your availability must be open for the above stated schedule.
If you are interested in this career opportunity, we'd love to hear from you! ELTE thanks all applicants who apply, but also those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and Elte Accommodation Policy, accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.