Direct Support Workers
Embrace is a new residential launching in Spring 2021 to provide support for people with intellectual disabilities, autistic spectrum disorder and acquired brain injuries. Our ambition is to offer a strengths-based service that focuses on our residents’ core interests and encourages their development of new skills. Underpinning all of this is an understanding that we are offering a home for people and an assurance from us that these homes offer a range of home comforts, on-site amenities and enable local engagement with community initiatives and organisations.
Direct Support Worker – Job Summary
We are seeking to recruit a number of Direct Support Workers to join a very exciting new residential setting. We are looking for candidates who believe in developing people’s strengths and work well in a team environment. Working closely with your colleagues, you will be responsible for supporting our residents to live fulfilled and wholesome lives, enabling them to learn new skills and live happily in their new home. Your day-to-day responsibilities will be guided by your Team Leader and include the following:
- Delivering on the residents’ daily support plans
- Ensuring the ongoing focus on residents’ strengths and uncovering new ways of developing these
- Following the guidance of your Team Leader
- Understanding of company policies and procedures to ensure consistent service practices
- Delivering on Embrace’s core Vision, Mission and Values
- Health or Social Care qualification e.g. third level degree in Psychology, Social Care, Social Work etc. OR FETAC Level 5 – Health Care Major Award or equivalent
- Relevant experience in residential care
The successful applicants will be offered competitive rates of pay, comprehensive training and other benefits. To apply for this position, please contact Monica Silva at email@example.com.
By submitting your application online, you agree that your details will be used to progress your application for employment. If your application is successful, your details will be used to administer your personnel record. If your application is unsuccessful, we will retain your details for a period no longer than two years in order to consider you for prospective roles at Embrace.