Embrace is a new residential launching in Spring 2021 to provide support for people with intellectual disabilities, autistic spectrum disorder and acquired brain injuries. Our ambition is to offer a strengths-based service that focuses on our residents’ core interests and encourages their development of new skills. Underpinning all of this is an understanding that we are offering a home for people and an assurance from us that these homes offer a range of home comforts, on-site amenities and enable local engagement with community initiatives and organisations.
Team Lead – Job Summary
We are looking for a motivated and experienced candidate who believes in developing people’s strengths. As the leader of a team of Direct Support Workers, you will provide your team with guidance and support, and ensure that they deliver on our promise of a strengths-based approach with our residents. Your day-to-day focus will be:
- Encouraging a supportive and collaborative culture among your team
- Ensuring the ongoing focus on residents’ strengths and uncovering new ways of developing these
- Understanding and delivering on Embrace’s core Vision, Mission and Values
- Assuming management responsibilities in the absence of the Person in Charge
- Fostering the development of team members to become the next Embrace Team Leads while we support you on your professional journey
- Holding or pursuing a Level 7 qualification in Social Care / Applied Social Studies or equivalent
- A minimum of 1 year of experience in overseeing the supervision of staff
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
The successful applicant will be offered an attractive remuneration and benefits package. To apply for this position, please contact Monica Silva at email@example.com.
By submitting your application online, you agree that your details will be used to progress your application for employment. If your application is successful, your details will be used to administer your personnel record. If your application is unsuccessful, we will retain your details for a period no longer than two years in order to consider you for prospective roles at Embrace.