Carry out all operational and administrative requirements for arranging services for the arrival, timely turn around and departure of vessels at EMR ports as necessary, liaising with Port Services and Authorities and coinciding with relevant services required to ensure vessels are correctly berthed and loaded / unloaded.
- Prepare, collect and distribute relevant shipping documentation and information.
- Act as first point of contact to solve issues or investigate queries relating to Shipping services.
- Liaise and keep internal/external parties updated with important information relevant to vessel operations..
- Attend site and co-ordinate ship boarding activities, including completing documentation.
- Prepare quotations, process invoices and finalize vessels disbursement accounts.
- Understand port systems, rivers, tides and berth operations and having confident knowledge timely providing accurate information and costings to ship owners and charterers for them to be able to negotiate and make decisions for successful ship fixing.
- Arranging legal requirements with Customs and Immigration formalities for the vessel, crew and cargo clearance.
- Arrange services for vessels while in port i.e. ships spares, doctors, dentist, stores, transport for crew arrivals and repatriation, repairs, fresh water etc.
- Keep records and time logs required of vessels port stay to prepare documentation and to be able to revert back on any later queries, issues and surcharges that arise.
- Collect and process vessels invoices ensuring all charges are correct raising any queries prior to signing of for payment.
- Previous experience as a Shipping Agent REQUIRED
- Good administration skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- High Level communicator, capable of considering different cultures, nationalities and language barriers.
- Able to pass a background and drug test