EMR, the global forerunner in metals recycling is hiring!
If you're looking for a great opportunity that will allow you to enter the recycling industry we thank you for your consideration. We are currently looking for a full-time Yard Worker, to be based out of our facility in New Orleans, LA. EMR offers an excellent benefits package, dynamic company culture, and ample opportunity for professional development in an ever-relevant and growing industry. To learn more about EMR please take a look at our website: http://us.emrgroup.com.
Schedule: Monday through Friday, standard business hours (first shift).
Job term: full-time, permanent position, excellent opportunity for growth and development.
Compensation & Benefits: compensation will be based on an hourly pay scale and the incumbent will have access to a comprehensive benefits package: health insurance, employer sponsored life insurance, vision insurance, dental insurance, matching 401K, employer sponsored health savings account, paid holidays, annual PTO allotment and more.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- Load, unload, pack or wrap material by hand
- Identify, sort, label, move and transfer metal materials
- Ensure the quality of the metal when received and when departing; identify and report non-conforming materials
- Dismantle/disassemble or take apart insulated wiring, small electric motors, and scrap components
- Load, unload, palletize automobile wheels and batteries; organize and prepare for shrink wrapping
- Use signals, when necessary, to assist machine operators who are moving material or bins
- Ensure a clean and orderly workplace; clean and prepare sites by removing debris and possible hazards
- Follow production plans and instructions from supervisors or more experienced workers
- Adhere to operating and health and safety protocols
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent team player; strong communications and interpersonal skills
- Strong problem solving skills, self-starter, motivated individual
- Available to work day shift Monday through Saturday
- 1 to 2 years work experience in metal recycling environment experience preferred, but not required
- Ability to work in all weather elements such as, rain, snow, cold, and heat
- - - - - - - - - - - -
Please utilize the following link to apply directly: https://www.ziprecruiter.com/job/49ae8808
- - - - - - - - - - - -
EMR is a proud equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor