General Operative (Specialist WEEE)
At Enva we are committed to Recycling and Resource Recovery; it forms the basis of our business strategy and our values. We recover waste products to provide either a second life, such as the production of energy or, in many cases, full closed-loop recycling solutions. Our dedication to developing new and innovative products and solutions and extending the lifecycle of the world's resources is driving our business forward, saving energy and saving resources.
This is a general operative role and as such you will be asked to complete a variety of work in line with business needs:
- Dismantling of discarded WEEE (Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment)
- Operating balers
- Weighing and sorting materials in the warehouse
- Handling and packaging of materials produced
- Use air tools and hand tools in line with operations
- To conduct your duties in accordance with company standard operating procedures (SOPs) and the company’s waste licence
- To carry out house-keeping duties to ensure a clean and safe work environment
- To be flexible to carry out other duties as may be requested by your manager including over time
- To act courteously and communicate effectively with customers, suppliers, Enva personnel and other personnel encountered within your role
- To foster and develop good customer and public relations at all times and to portray a professional image of the company
- To report for work in a timely manner and to conduct work as scheduled to company and customer satisfaction
- To work within the instructions and procedures of the Company’s systems as directed by your Manager or other management as appropriate
- To conduct all duties in a constructive and productive manner aligned to the interests of the company and management
- To act diligently and professionally in the interests of the Company
- To demonstrate a willingness to promote the positive development of the business to all stakeholders of the business including customers but also extending to staff, contractors, EPA, HSA etc.
Skills/ Experience required:
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Good communication skills.
The above description is a general outline of the requirements of the role. It is not intended to be exhaustive and may be added to in the future depending on the needs of the business.