Hazardous Waste Compliance Team Member
Hazardous Waste Compliance Team Member
Reporting to: Exports and Brokerage Manager
Location: Field based role serving our Rathcoole, Portlaoise and Shannon facilities and covering Enva’s customer base throughout Ireland.
At Enva we are committed to Recycling and Resource Recovery; it forms the basis of our business strategy and our values. We recover waste products to provide either a second life, such as the production of energy or, in many cases, full closed-loop recycling solutions. We also provide a complete portfolio of water and waste water services. Our dedication to developing new and innovative products and solutions and extending the lifecycle of the world's resources is driving our business forward, saving energy and saving resources.
Enva operates across the UK and Ireland. In Ireland Enva currently employs 340 employees working across 8 locations across RoI and NI.
In the hazardous waste industry Enva provide tailored waste management solutions across a wide range of industries as well as the municipal and public sectors. We offer ad hoc or scheduled collections depending on our customer requirements and all waste is packaged, labelled and transported according ADR/IMDG regulations to one of our licensed facilities. We ensure our customers meet all their regulatory requirements throughout the process.
Our Hazardous Waste Compliance team play a central role in working with our customers to ensure that hazardous waste movements from a customer premises to the Enva facility are carried out in full compliance with ADR, IMDG and other relevant regulations.
The Hazardous Waste Compliance Team Member is a field-based role to ensure that hazardous waste movements from customer premises to the Enva facilities is carried out in full compliance with ADR, IMDG and other relevant regulations.
Duties and Responsibilities of this varied role will include;
· Site Services: attendance at customers’ premises to assist in classification, segregation, packing and collection of waste.
· Waste Inspections:
o Visit customers’ premises prior to waste collections to check that waste classification, segregation, packaging and labelling are correct. Provision of advice to customer on works required to comply with hazardous waste transport regulations.
o Visit customers’ premises to assess waste prior to submission of a quotation by Enva for waste collection and disposal.
· Non-Conformances: recording and communication of non-conformances / corrective actions to customer, including assessment of additional costs if applicable.
· Logistics: planning and co-ordination of hazardous waste collections in collaboration with operational staff within the Division.
· Safety: preparation of method statements and risk assessments as necessary, allocation of PPE, focus on health and safety for all activities.
· Costs: focus on costs, notably for transport and packaging, to ensure maximum efficiency, minimum waste.
· Carry out other related tasks or duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Education & Experience required for the Role:
· Expertise in the Hazardous Waste sector and with a Dangerous Goods Safety Advisor Qualification and more than 1year’s relevant experience ideally with a knowledge of, or qualification in Environmental Science/Chemistry.
· ADR Diver Training and Full clean drivers licence essential.
· Experience of answering and responding to customer needs and objectives and completing service calls, providing follow-up support.
· Competent IT literacy.
Key Competencies required for the Role:
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Team player and ability to work on own initiative, reliable, enthusiastic.
- Can-do attitude.
- Ability to prioritise.
- Must be organized, flexible, work well alone or as a member of a team.
- Be ﬂexible and adaptable in the work environment
An attractive and competitive total compensation package is available to successfully recruit the high calibre person required for this role.
If you are interested in joining our fantastic organisation and playing a key role in the direction of same, please hit apply below!