We are currently recruiting a Lead QA / Test Engineer to join the team in our Boston office.
Duties and responsibilities
- Lead QA/testing team on overall testing activities, approaches and strategies.
- Establish, maintain and oversee all aspects of QA processes and methodologies to ensure effectiveness and alignment to industry best practices.
- Prepare, review and maintain testing documents (test plan, test cases, test reports) to ensure complete test coverage.
- Prepare customer demo presentations for project deliverables.
- Ensure proper execution by the testing team on different types of testing (functional, integration, end-to-end, performance, etc.).
- Maintain test environment. Must be able to work closely with Development Operations and the client to support deployment and testing of parallel releases for all channels and platforms.
- Prioritize testing activities.
- Efficient management of QA resources across multiple projects.
- Provide effort and estimates of testing activities required for the projects or deliverables.
- Provide strategic testing initiatives for projects to introduce efficient techniques and test productivity improvements.
- Manage deliverables to ensure that the testing activities remains within agreed scope, schedule, budget and quality.
- Work with project manager and development team to report and escalate relevant testing issues and challenges that arise during testing activites.
- Work and collaborate with other teams across different offices of the company when needed to achieve organisational objectives.
- Provide support and technical assistance to the customer's test teams.
- Provide support and technical asisstance to support engineer (e.g. recreate issues reported by the customer in production, or in support of customer queries).
- Perform QA team performance review and improvement.
- An IT or related bachelor's degree qualification with software testing and QA/test team leading experience.
- Strong knowledge of Agile testing methodologies and best practices.
- Experience with development and testing of complex enterprise or customer-facing applications preferably on Point-of-Sale (POS) or Post Office services background.
- Familiar with bug tracking tools (e.g. Jira), continuous integration (e.g. Bamboo), source control (Perforce) and VMWare.
- Knowledge of xml.
- Familiar with Microsoft operating systems and device literacy across apple and android technologies.
- Testing experiences on webservices, batch/extract file processing, point-of-sale.
- Experience on automation test tools and programming (e.g. Selenium, WinAppDriver, Python) and designing or creating test frameworks.
- Expert knowledge of quality improvement, quality process, quality assurance methodologies and best practices.
- Strong organizational, writing and interpersonal communications with the ability to influence other at all levels.
- Test analysis skills and techniques (e.g. process improvement, identifying problems and requirements definitiion, propose solutions).
About Escher Group
Escher is transforming postal and courier operations worldwide, enabling posts to engage today’s digitally savvy customers across all points of engagement. With Escher’s unique, purpose-built customer engagement platform, posts drive superior customer experience, with greater speed and better economics. Learn more at www.eschergroup.com
Why Join Escher
Do you want to join a team that is enhancing the customer experience for over 1 billion people and digitally transforming postal operations on a global scale? Our customers are among the largest postal operators and couriers on the planet and our purpose built-customer engagement platform is helping them to profitably engage customers anywhere, anytime.
At Escher, you’ll be part of a global team with employees on four continents supporting customers from across 35 countries. Here, people truly are our greatest strength, and we mean it. At Escher, you’ll have the support of an experienced leadership team and a group of dedicated employees that have been helping postal operators redefine customer engagement for over 25 years.
What We Have To Offer
Escher offers a competitive compensation package, health benefits, training allowance and so much more!
Most importantly, a career at Escher is one that is both rich and rewarding with many opportunities and room for growth. This is truly a unique opportunity to be part of an exceptional team, helping to transform some of the biggest organizations in the world, and influencing the future of postal operations. If you’re up for the challenge, we want to hear from you!