We are currently recruiting a Software Engineer (.NET) to join our product development team in our Dublin City-Centre office. You will be part of the scrum team designing and developing our core cross-platform POS product which can run on Windows, iOS, and Android. Using the Agile Scrum methodology, you will be working in sprints to implement new features and enhancements to our core platform. This is a great opportunity be part of a world class team, to use the best tools and technologies, to express both your technical abilities and your creative ideas and to help deliver some significant high profile applications.
What We Have To Offer
Escher offers a competitive compensation package; health benefits, pension contribution, income protection, life cover, training allowance, free coffee and snacks, and so much more!
Most importantly, a career at Escher is one that is both rich and rewarding with many opportunities and room for growth. This is truly a unique opportunity to be part of an exceptional team, helping to transform some of the biggest organizations in the world, and influencing the future of postal operations. If you’re up for the challenge, we want to hear from you!
Duties and Responsibilities:
· The development of new product features and enhancements for Escher clients
· Utilise best practices and design patterns to write clean, efficient and elegant code.
· Troubleshooting, debugging and resolving technical issues.
· Writing Unit Tests.
· Assisting with the design and architecture of the core products.
· Stress testing & Performance tuning applications.
· Participating in code reviews.
· Other ad hoc duties as assigned.
· A degree in Computer Science or related discipline from a recognised 3rd level educational institution.
· Minimum 5 years’ experience with C# coding.
· A very strong knowledge of Microsoft .NET framework and specifically C#.
· Experience of Microsoft development infrastructure including .Net , IIS
· Experience of full project lifecycle.
· Knowledge and experience of working in an AGILE methodology would be an advantage
· Experience in POS development with peripheral integration (desirable).
· Data driven UI architecture (desirable).
Essential Technical Skills:
· .NET / C# / .NET Core
· IoC / Dependency Injection
· Design Patterns
· NUnit / NSubstitute
· XML & JSON
· Xamarin + WPF would be an advantage.
· Knowledge / Experience of Azure would also be an advantage.
About Escher Group
Escher is transforming postal and courier operations worldwide, enabling posts to engage today’s digitally savvy customers across all points of engagement. With Escher’s unique, purpose-built customer engagement platform, posts drive superior customer experience, with greater speed and better economics.