North America – Boston, MA
Escher is transforming postal and courier operations worldwide, enabling posts to engage today’s digitally savvy customers across all points of engagement. With Escher’s unique, purpose-built customer engagement platform, posts drive superior customer experience, with greater speed and better economics. Learn more at www.eschergroup.com
Overview of the role
This is an exciting role for an HR Generalist which combines all elements of the employee life cycle. The HR Generalist will ensure the effective day-to-day operation of the HR function for North America providing proactive, hands-on support to colleagues throughout the business. They will have day-to-day responsibilities which include, but aren’t limited to: HR programs/initiatives, recruitment, benefits, employee relations, performance management, policies and practices, HR technology systems, and compliance. In addition, they will assist with the roll-out and delivery of strategic people and continuous improvement initiatives.
Under the leadership of the Director of Human Resources, and in collaboration with all HR team members, provide superior overall HR support and enable Escher to become a destination employer and top place to work.
- Administer and facilitate the full life-cycle recruitment and selection process of top talent for assigned region and roles, and ensure each and every candidate has a positive experience. Process may include: position posting, interviewing, screening, pre-employment checks, recommendation to hire, compensation recommendation, pre-boarding, and on-boarding/orientation.
- Manage and administer employee benefits for North America. This includes, but is not limited to: benefit enrollment and communication, responding to employee questions and resolving concerns/issues, change reporting, benefit termination and COBRA.
- Under the direction of the Head of HR, partner with internal and external solution providers including but not limited to: Finance, Legal, and third-party vendors (i.e. benefits broker, benefits carriers and third-party administrators (TPA’s)), regarding renewal options, open enrollments, resolving issues, streamlining process, and ensuring compliance.
- Administer unemployment and workers’ compensation claims including investigation, documentation, reporting, and responding to requests.
- Manage, administer, maintain, and/or support HR technology systems and HR reporting.
- Responsible for maintaining Employee files, HR documentation, and templates in line with compliance standards.
- Ensure maintenance of HR compliance for assigned region. Responsible for keeping up-to-date with various employment laws and regulations that might affect assigned region.
- Assist in guiding managers and individual contributors regarding company policies, practices, values, and HR programs.
- Be proactive in helping to create a great office working environment.
- Assist in the execution/administration of HR programs that support and enable the alignment of Escher’s talent with the strategic organizational business objectives.
- Per the direction of HR Leader, respond appropriately and consistently to employee relations issues, conduct or assist in investigations as necessary, ensure proper documentation, and follow-up.
- Assist in the execution/administration of Individual Development Plans (IDP’s), Performance Improvement Plans (PIP’s), corrective action, writing and delivering goals and performance reviews.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must possess sound business acumen and the ability to establish credibility, trust and partnership.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Have a high level of independence while working effectively and collaboratively.
- Work creatively, showing innovation and ability to think out-of-the-box in problem-solving, organizational diagnosis and solution generation.
- Proven ability to effectively organize, prioritize, and handle multiple assignments simultaneously, in a fast paced and diverse environment.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2-4 years of Human Resources Generalist experience.
- Broad working knowledge of multiple HR disciplines including, but not limited to: administration of HR programs, benefits, employment law and regulations, employee relations, performance management, staffing, and compliance.
- Knowledge of various computer applications and HR technology including but not limited to: Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook); Timekeeping, and Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS); benefits systems and portals; and database systems.
Why Join Escher?
Do you want to join a team that is enhancing the customer experience for over 1 billion people and digitally transforming postal operations on a global scale? Our customers are among the largest postal operators and couriers on the planet and our purpose built-customer engagement platform is helping them to profitably engage customers anywhere, anytime.
At Escher, you’ll be part of a global team with employees on four continents supporting customers from across 35 countries. Here, people truly are our greatest strength, and we mean it. At Escher, you’ll have the support of an experienced leadership team and a group of dedicated employees that have been helping postal operators redefine customer engagement for over 25 years.
What We Have to Offer
Escher offers a competitive compensation package, health benefits and supports team member training. Most importantly, a career at Escher is one that is both rich and rewarding with many opportunities and room for growth. This is truly a unique opportunity to be part of an exceptional team, helping to transform some of the biggest organizations in the world, and influencing the future of postal operations. If you’re up for the challenge, we want to hear from you!