Transport Coordinator - Recycling and Sustainability
45 Hours per Week
Attractive Salary & Employee Benefits Package
We are one of the world’s largest metal recycling companies with over 170 sites worldwide. We have the capability to recycle anything from a toaster to an aircraft carrier and invest heavily in developing our own technologies in our quest to be the global leader in sustainability. We also invest in our people, as they are the driving force of our success.
Our Transport Coordinator Opportunity
Our Transport Coordinators are the vital people that keep our transport teams mobile. Without their organisational skills and logistical knowledge, our Transport division wouldn’t be the success that it is today.
As a Transport Coordinator, you will further develop your knowledge and expertise in the Transport Industry. You will also gain an understanding of how logistics play a major part in EMR being that global leader in recycling. This role can be that great first step into a career in Transport and Logistics, but also into Recycling and Sustainability.
What you will be doing
- Capturing, accurately recording and responding to all transport service requests in line with the previously agreed internal or external customer requirements.
- Working closely with drivers, depots and customers planning the deliveries and collection of recycled metal.
- Ensuring deliveries and collections adhere to safety standards and the company’s core business values.
- Promoting a strong health and safety work ethic and ensure the business remains compliant with transport policies, procedures and legislation.
- Acting on transport requirements as they vary from day to day.
- You will have previous experience of effectively routing vehicles in a cost efficient and safe manner.
- You will have a good understanding of EU drivers’ hours and working time directive.
- You will be organised with the ability to prioritise, make decisions quickly and remain calm under pressure.
- You will have great communication skills and be able to develop good working relationships with the drivers, staff and customers.
- It would be ideal if you have qualifications relating to CPC, IOSH or LGV Licenses (Cat C or Cat C+E) but it isn’t essential.
- You will be available to work some Saturday mornings on a rota basis.
How to apply
Please apply with an up to date CV, including your email address, contact number and details of your salary expectations.
Direct candidate applications will only be accepted for this vacancy.
Applications or speculative CV’s via agencies will not be accepted.
EMR Group and its subsidiaries are committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. We pride ourselves on being an equal opportunities employer, and value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
Keywords: Transport Coordinator, Logistics Coordinator, Haulage Coordinator, Freight Coordinator, Transport Co-ordinator, Logistics Co-ordinator, Haulage Co-ordinator, Freight Co-ordinator, Transport Planner, Logistics Planner, Haulage Planner, Freight Planner, Transport Administrator, Logistics Administrator, Haulage Administrator, Freight Administrator, Depot Coordinator, Yard Coordinator, Metal Recycling, Waste Management, Recycling Career, Sustainability Career, Career Development.