End of Life Vehicle (ELV) Site Operative
Coventry CV6 5DJ
45 hours per week
Good Hourly Rate & Overtime Pay (requirement to work occasional Saturday mornings)
EMR is one of the world’s largest metal recycling companies with over 170 operational sites worldwide and 4500 staff. We have the capability to recycle anything from a toaster to an aircraft carrier and invest heavily in developing our own technologies in our quest to be the global leader in the provision of sustainable materials. We also invest in our people, and they are the driving force of our success.
Who are we looking for?
EMR is now looking for an enthusiastic Site Operative to work in the End of Life Vehicle area at our busy Coventry depot.
If you have any previous car mechanical, tyre fitting, or vehicle servicing experience we want you to apply.
What you will be doing:
- Actively participate in the depolluting, dismantling, stripping and removal of parts from Vehicles.
- Ensure the company Health & Safety and environmental policies are strictly adhered to.
- Safely operate and be willing to learn the operation of various items of plant and machinery on site.
- Conduct daily checks on mobile plant and report problems accordingly.
- Working in other areas of the depot as and when required.
The skills we are looking for:
- Can you operate safely and effectively in a large industrial environment?
- Are you adaptable to meet business priorities?
- Do you have good communication and customer service skills?
- Are you organised, safety conscious and motivated?
- Are you comfortable working outside?
- Can you work Saturdays mornings?
- Can you travel to and from the depot without difficulty?
For the successful candidate, we can offer a thriving and stable working environment as well as opportunities to develop.
How to apply:
Please apply with an up to date CV, including your email address, contact number and details of your salary expectations. Alternatively an application form can be downloaded from our website.