End of Life Vehicle Operative
End of Life Vehicle Operative
Smethwick B66 2PG
45 Hours per week
Good Hourly Rate and Over Time Pay
Employee Benefits Package
We are one of the world’s largest metal recycling companies with over 170 sites worldwide. We have the capability to recycle anything from a toaster to an aircraft carrier and invest heavily in developing our own technologies in our quest to be the global leader in sustainability. We also invest in our people, as they are the driving force of our success.
Our End of Life Vehicle Operative Opportunity
Our End of Life Vehicle Operatives are the people on the ground who depollute, dismantle, strip and remove parts from vehicles maximising profitability for the depot.
Without their hard work, dedication and customer service, our depots wouldn't be the successes they are today.
As an End of Life Vehicle Operative you will develop an understanding or knowledge and expertise of End of Life Vehicles, as well as being provided with a clear career progression plan, in which you will be supported with training along the way.
If you have any type of experience in car mechanics, vehicle depollution, fork lift trucks we want you to apply.
What you will be doing
- Meeting and greeting customers at the End of Life Vehicle drop off areas and inspect the vehicles.
- Checking that the vehicle has matching registrations and vin numbers relating to the paperwork (V5 or H-47) that accompanies the vehicle.
- Inspection of vehicles to assess if the vehicles need de-polluting and will check to confirm if the vehicle has steel or alloy wheels, a battery and will assess the catalytic converter(s) on the vehicle.
- Follow depollution Standard Operating Procedures and Safe Working Practices.
- Perform out turns on each vehicle confirming what has been removed using the mobile device provided.
- Store all commodities removed from vehicles in the correct manner
- Weigh out batteries, wheels and catalytic convertors on a regular basis as sales are dispatched.
- Achieve daily targets on the number of vehicles per day to be depolluted.
- Carry out accurate valuations of catalytic converters.
- Maintain good housekeeping standards so that the End of Life Vehicle building and surrounding areas are kept clean and tidy.
- Play an active part in depot safety performance through being a safety leader on-site. Identify, report and deal with hazards. Challenge unsafe behaviours and ensure compliance.
- Excellent Customer Service skills and Commercially focused
- IT literate
- Previous experience of vehicle depollution/metal recycling activities is preferable but not essential.
- Experience of a relevant industry e.g. Waste Management, Logistics, Depot Operations, Aggregates, Construction, Manufacturing.
- Fork Lift Truck experience preferable but not essential.
- Previous mechanical experience would be beneficial but not essential
- The ability to demonstrate excellent team working relationships, fostering an environment based on trust and mutual respect.
- Capable of assessing information.
- Experience of working in a fluid environment where priorities can change and flexibility is essential.
- Clean CRB and credit check
- Good time keeping.
For the successful candidate, we can offer a thriving and stable working environment as well as opportunities to develop.
How to apply:
Please apply with an up to date CV, including your email address, contact number and details of your salary expectations. Alternatively an application form can be downloaded from our website.
Direct candidate applications will only be accepted for this vacancy.
Applications or speculative CV’s via agencies will not be accepted.
EMR Group and its subsidiaries are committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. We pride ourselves on being an equal opportunities employer, and value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.