Plant Fitter to cover EMR Yorkshire sites
45 Hours per Week
Good Hourly Rate & Overtime Pay
Employee Benefits Package
We are one of the world’s largest metal recycling companies with over 170 sites worldwide. We have the capability to recycle anything from a toaster to an aircraft carrier and invest heavily in developing our own technologies in our quest to be the global leader in sustainability. We also invest in our people, as they are the driving force of our success.
Who are we looking for?
Our Fitters are the key people who ensure all our different plant and machinery is working to its full capacity so that our depot teams can get their job done. Without their hard work, skills and forward planning, our depots wouldn't be the successes they are today.
As a Plant Fitter, you will use and build upon your solid foundation of knowledge and expertise of plant maintenance and repair. You will be supported with training and development along the way so that you can expand your skills and responsibilities further.
If you have any type of experience in working on/carrying out maintenance on varied plant machinery, heavy engineering equipment, pneumatic and hydraulic equipment, conveyor systems, shredders, motors, 3 phase system and power supply we want you to apply.
What you will be doing:
· Assessing, fault finding, and problem solving to ensure minimum downtime of fixed plant.
· Carrying out maintenance and servicing duties in outside conditions.
· Working on all aspects of plant during periods where breakdowns or maintenance does not occur.
· Predominantly maintaining the depot shredder, working with conveyor belts, rollers, bearings, hammers, grease and oil.
· Carrying out some burning, welding and grinding when required.
· Actively participating in our strong safety culture.
· Ensuring the company Health & Safety and environmental policies are strictly adhered to.
· Monitoring all visiting suppliers – including PPE compliance.
· Assisting depot management as required.
· Demonstrable experience in fitter role is essential.
· Mechanical, welding/fabrication and electrical skills/qualifications are highly desirable.
· Ability to operate safely and effectively in a large industrial environment.
· Adaptable to meet business priorities.
· Organised, safety conscious and motivated.
· Comfortable working outside.
· Availability to work Saturdays mornings.
For the successful candidate, we can offer a thriving and stable working environment as well as opportunities to develop.
How to apply:
Please apply with an up to date CV, including your email address, contact number and details of your salary expectations. Alternatively an application form can be downloaded from our website.
Direct candidate applications will only be accepted for this vacancy.
Applications or speculative CV’s via agencies will not be accepted.
EMR Group and its subsidiaries are committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. We pride ourselves on being an equal opportunities employer, and value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
Keywords: Fitter, Maintenance Fitter, Mechanical Fitter, Electrical Fitter, Plant Fitter, Yard Fitter, Engineering Fitter, Plant machinery, Heavy Engineering Equipment, Pneumatic Equipment, Hydraulic Equipment, Conveyor Systems, Shredders, Motors, 3 Phase System, Power Supply, Metal Recycling, Recycling, Waste, Sustainability, Career Development.