We are European Metal Recycling, a rapidly growing business who are seeking an ambitious individual to join us as a General Manager with the motivation to develop their career and to join a global leader in recycling.
We are one of the worlds largest organisations in our field, employing 4000 staff across 180 sites around the world. With some pioneering work practices and technology, we can offer a vibrant and dynamic environment for a motivated professional to thrive in. Our employees are the driving force of our success and our belief in this is demonstrable through our investment back to our staff. With growth soaring in the UK, it is an exciting time to be joining us.
You can be part of our journey…
The role of General Manager at EMR Group is broad in its requirements and provides a challenging but rewarding working environment.
You will take responsibility for:
- Operational and Commercial performance
- Supporting and leading a team of dedicated Operations and Administration staff
- Manage visitors, customers, drivers and contractors when on site.
- Ensure the depot is working in line with Health & Safety regulations and Industry legislation
- With the support of an Area General Manager, develop a good understanding of metal grades, making sure landed costs of material fall within authorised price boundaries.
- Work closely with EMR’s Commercial and Finance teams when assessing budgets, pricing and P&L activities.
The Person Spec:
Previous experience of Leadership in a relevant industry such as Waste, Aggregates, Depot Operations, Processing or Construction etc. would be ideal. EMR Group is keen for General Managers to be able to demonstrate:
- Leadership skills
- Ability to Inspire and Motivate
- Resourceful and Entrepreneurial qualities to drive depot performance
- Exceptional communication skills as well as the ability to negotiate with customers/suppliers
It is important all EMR Managers are safety conscious and can create a SHE culture appropriate to our unique working environment. A detailed Development Plan will be agreed in order that you gain a good understanding of the various operations/processes relating to ferrous and non-ferrous metals. Any previous knowledge of mobile and static plant capabilities, as well as their maintenance requirements would be beneficial, but not essential.
EMR Group and its subsidiaries are committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. We pride ourselves on being an equal opportunities employer, and value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
Please note, this role involves a DBS and Financial background check.