We are European Metal Recycling, a rapidly growing business who are seeking an ambitious individual to join us as a Operations Manager with the motivation to develop their career and to join a global leader in recycling.
We are one of the worlds largest organisations in our field, employing 4000 staff across 180 sites around the world. With some pioneering work practices and technology, we can offer a vibrant and dynamic environment for a motivated
professional to thrive in.
Our employees are the driving force of our success and our belief in this is demonstrable through our investment back to
our staff. With growth soaring in the UK, it is an exciting time to be joining
As the operations manager you will be responsible for
- Managing a team of 28 employees running a 24/7 operation.
- Plan shift working pattern with your team and ensure each team is resourced and skilled to fulfil their operational duties.
- Plan and implement a maintenance program to ensure plant is operating at its maximum capacity and efficiency.
- Ensure plant operations are compliant with site environmental permit.
- Plans, schedules, and reviews workload and manpower to make sure targets are being met on a cost-effective basis
- Manages the stock control, and checks that inventory records are accurate
- Ensure all legal and regulatory documents are filed and monitor compliance with laws and regulations.
- You will be Resourceful and hold Entrepreneurial qualities to drive depot performance
- You possess a demonstrated ability to manage, motivate and influence work behaviours
- You have proven analytical thinking and project management skills
- You will be able to develop strategies and plans to achieve strategic outcomes and influencing the wider business in operations.
A full UK driving licence and able to travel and spend nights away from home
EMR Group and its subsidiaries are committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. We pride ourselves on being an equal opportunities employer, and value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
Please note, this role involves a DBS and Financial background check.