Ferrous Team Leader
We are European Metal Recycling, a rapidly growing business who are seeking an ambitious individual to join us as a Team Leader with the motivation to develop their career and to join a global leader in recycling.
We are one of the worlds largest organisations in our field, employing 4000 staff across 180 sites around the world. With some pioneering work practices and technology, we can offer a vibrant and dynamic environment for a motivated professional to thrive in. Our employees are the driving force of our success and our belief in this is demonstrable through our investment back to our staff. With growth soaring in the UK, it is an exciting time to be joining us.
You can be part of our journey…
The role of Team Leader at EMR Group is broad in its requirements and provides a challenging but rewarding working environment.
What you will be doing::
- Oversee day to day Operation of Ferrous Yard, assisting the Operations Manager.
- Responsible for Health, Safety and Environmental welfare of staff / customers and site.
- Assist with material out turns to report back to Weighbridge operator
- Manage stock levels and report to Operations Manager the need for material sales etc.
- Maintain quality control measures to incoming scrap metal material
- Operating Mobile Plant such as counterbalance forklift / crane to carry out loading / sorting duties within yard.
- Develop a detailed understanding of all metal grades to UK specification but also understand the nuances of all matters of upgrading
- Ensure material is graded and stored appropriately
- 360 material handler experience is essential
- Self develop through training and plant qualifications
- Understand stocks and costs of stock control
- Undertake a continuous improvement approach to ensure optimum efficiency and performance
- Saturday Cover may be required
Previous experience of Leadership in a relevant industry such as Waste, Aggregates, Depot Operations, Processing or Construction etc. would be ideal.
EMR Group and its subsidiaries are committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. We pride ourselves on being an equal opportunities employer, and value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.