Non Ferrous Small Scales Operative
We are one of the world’s largest metal recycling companies with over 170 sites worldwide. We have the capability to recycle anything from a toaster to an aircraft carrier and invest heavily in developing our own technologies in our quest to be the global leader in sustainability. We also invest in our people, as they are the driving force of our success.
Our Non Ferrous Site Operative Opportunity
Regardless of which area they specialise in, our Site Operatives are our most important people. Without their hard work, dedication and customer service, our depots wouldn't be the successes they are today.
As a Non Ferrous Site Operative, you will develop a solid foundation of knowledge and expertise of what it takes to be at the forefront of recycling and sustainability, and you will be supported with training along the way.
If you have any type of experience in metal grading, operating a weighbridge, fork lift trucks or any other heavy mobile plant, we want you to apply.
What you will be doing
· Assisting customers and clients who come to the depot with non-ferrous metals
· Thoroughly grading and weighing incoming materials to ensure quality is maintained.
· Operating various types of mobile and static plant to unload, load, process and transport various materials on site.
· Safely operating and be willing to learn the operation of various items of plant on site.
· Conducting regular checks on machinery and work areas, reporting any problems.
· Ensuring the company Health & Safety and environmental policies are strictly adhered to.
· Monitoring all visiting suppliers – including PPE compliance.
· Assisting depot management as required.
· Do you have any experience with metal grading?
· Can you work safely and effectively in a large industrial environment?
· Are you organised adaptable to meet business priorities?
· Do you have good communication and customer service skills?
· Are you comfortable working outside?
· Do you have a ‘can do’ attitude?
· Can you travel to and from the depot without difficulty?
· Are you happy to undergo a financial and DBS background check, paid for by us?
For the successful candidate, we can offer a thriving and stable working environment as well as opportunities to develop.
How to apply:
Please apply with an up to date CV, including your email address, contact number.
EMR Group and its subsidiaries are committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. We pride ourselves on being an equal opportunities employer, and value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.