We at EMR use technology and data to underpin our status as a global leader in metal recycling. We are striving for continuous improvement in all aspects of our business with technology and data being the foundations for all decisions, process improvements and strategic planning. Here in IT we take this challenge and produce best in class software, hardware and reporting solutions. We are a 4,000+ strong company with 150 recycling bases around the world. We value innovation, and give our team members here in IT a voice to shape our solutions, prototype new technology and drive individual improvement.
· Provide Tier 2/3 support to all help desk personnel and field technicians
· Create, test, deploy, and troubleshoot domain group policies
· Active Directory tasks such as user and global group creation, group membership, and group policy assignment for multiple domains
· Management of file/print servers and other user-based resources
· Management of a 3:2:1 backup routine to ensure data integrity and availability
· Management of the virtualized environment to including provisioning of new hosts, performance monitoring, and capacity management
· Citrix XenApp client and server support including application availability, creation of published apps, load balancing and session management
· Support an on-premise MS Exchange environment as well as Office 365
· Configure and maintain HPE storage solutions
· Monitor and maintain system hardware and software to ensure maximum availability
· Works closely with clients, vendors, and other technical staff to identify and resolve complex technical issues
· Provide proper follow-through to ensure issues are resolved to satisfaction
· Document and update installation, configuration, deployment and maintenance procedures
· Provide technical insight and support for new Projects within the IT Department
· Promote Information Security within the business
Essential Key Technical Skills
· At least 3 Years of experience in 1st and 2nd line support role supporting 500+ global user base
· 3 Years of experience in a Microsoft Systems Admin and Engineering role, supporting an enterprise infrastructure
· Active Directory administration and management, expert knowledge of Group Policies
· DNS and DHCP administration
· WSUS configuration and deployment
· Exchange 2010/2013/2016
· Administration of Veeam Backup Solution
· Using Veeam One to monitor a virtual environment
· Build and management of a VMware vSphere virtual environment
· Build and management of a Hyper-V virtual environment
· Citrix XenApp/CVAD design, configuration, and support. Storefront, ADC and Director.
· Managing HPE 3PAR storage solutions
· Managing HPE StoreOnce data protection solutions
· Building and troubleshooting of HPE server technologies including SimpliVity HCI, c7000 blade chassis, Synergy Frame and standalone
· Basic understanding of TCP/IP, LAN and WAN network topology and design
· Solid understanding of Software Rollouts and upgrades
· Excellent Communication Skills
· Highly Self Motivated
· 1st Class Customer Service Skills
· An ability to quickly diagnose and troubleshoot software and hardware issues
· Able to work as a team and also individually
· CompTIA A+ or Network+ Certification
· MCSA or MCSE
Hours of Work and Expectations
The core business hours are Monday – Friday, from 8am to 5pm.
The role will also require some flexibility and the ability to cover out of hours maintenance work.
There may also be an occasional need to travel to various EMR locations to perform your role.
For the successful candidate, we can offer a thriving and stable working environment as well as opportunities to develop.
How to apply:
Please apply with an up to date CV, including your email address, contact number.
EMR Group and its subsidiaries are committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. We pride ourselves on being an equal opportunities employer, and value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.