Engineering Programme Manager
Engineering Programme Manager
Attractive salary plus benefits
European Metal Recycling is the UK’s largest metal recycling organisation. With some pioneering work practices and technology, we can offer a vibrant and dynamic environment for a motivated Engineering Programme Manager to thrive in.
Our loyal employees work together and empower each other to ensure our success. With significant opportunities for new developments; it is an exciting time to be joining us.
We are now looking for an ambitious and innovative Engineering Programme Manager o join our national engineering team based in the Midlands. This role is a position that will allow the successful person to make a demonstrable impact within a world-leading organisation which maintains a family feel.
Our Engineering team is collaborating to maximise the economic recovery of all the materials that we handle, whether they are metals, plastics, aggregates or others. As an inquisitive, knowledgeable and analytical individual, the Materials & Process Development Engineer will help drive forward our materials innovation strategy.
Across the UK we operate a network of large scale facilities using a wide range of sizing, densification and separation processes. Whilst we are already very efficient at separating materials, we also know there is more that could be done to release additional value from the large tonnages that we handle. This role affords a challenging and interesting environment; pushing to redefine the boundaries of what is possible for our sector.
Come and join the EMR family, a world of opportunity awaits.
About the role
The primary objective is to manage EMR’s programme of process and project development initiatives, co-coordinating the work of:
- The Engineering Innovation team (responsible for practical research, preliminary design and development of commercial cases to prepare projects to the point where they are ready for investment and implementation).
- The Engineering Development team (responsible for providing project implementation capability including detail design, procurement, installation and commissioning).
Together with the Strategic Development Manager and Chief Engineer this key role is part of the engineering management team whose responsibility is ensure that EMR develops and maintains leadership at a global scale in profitable and sustainable metal recycling processes and technology and has the knowledge and capabilities to respond to market changes in a more agile way than our competitors.
- Managing the programme of process and project development initiatives
- Ensuring the team supports operating managers in all areas of EMR’s business with project development capability to help them take their innovation ideas from concept through the development process to investable projects. This includes developing trialled concepts up into process flow diagrams and mass balances and developing budget costs and preliminary financial assessments for decision making
- Providing support to colleagues responsible for installing, maintaining and improving process equipment.
- Managing the recruitment and development of the engineers within the team
- Managing and develop the annual engineering student placement programme
- Developing and maintaining an up to date understanding of technologies applicable to EMR’s global activities, including those used by competitors and in similar industries.
- A degree in a relevant engineering or science discipline would be useful, but not essential. Chemical Engineering, Materials Science and Mineral Processing are particularly relevant.
Relevant experience should include:
- Management of technical teams to deliver complex projects.
- Similar material process industry, including recycling, mineral processing, manufacturing eg steel, cement, bulk food, chemicals, etc.
- New process development including concept development and process trials
- Research, either in an academic or industrial organisation
A track record in:
- Delivering innovative, technically challenging projects
- Creating added value from new thinking
- Managing and developing technical staff
EMR Group and its subsidiaries are committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. We pride ourselves on being an equal opportunities employer, and value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.