IMS Monitoring Technician
IMS Monitoring Technician
Mayer Environmental, is an established consultancy and training provider, with over 20 years experience within the recycling, resource management and waste sectors. Our team of expert consultants has provided specialist advice to large and small companies, as well as public sector organisations, engaging and consulting with policy makers, regulators and trade organisations. Our pragmatic honest approach achieves cost effective sustainable solutions and ensures strong trustworthy relationships develop between us and our clients.
We provide the following services: Management Systems Consultancy (ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 45001, ISO 27001, ISO 50001), Resource Management, Sustainability, Analytical Services, Monitoring and Land Quality. Mayer Environmental Training known as MET Academy has a proven track record in providing a range of outstanding work based training and assessment solutions including apprenticeships within the waste, recycling and resource management sectors. We offer a wide range of up to date, flexible and relevant training opportunities.
About the role
Due to continued growth Mayer Environmental Ltd has a requirement for an additional technician to provide support to the management systems team with respect to environmental monitoring and waste consultancy.
For the right candidate, this position is an excellent development opportunity.
What you will be doing
- Reporting directly to the IMS Consultant responsible for the management of specific projects.
- Working in collaboration with a team of consultants and auditors based within the management systems team.
- Undertaking monitoring and sampling of various materials on sites within the metal recycling industry across the UK.
- Writing and issuing reports based on the outcome of monitoring and sampling events.
- Conducting risk assessments to ensure sufficient controls are in place prior to undertaking site work.
- Collating and analysing data for trend analysis to produce and issue summary reports relating to the sampling of materials and compliance with relevant legislation to clients.
- Collating and analysing data for trend analysis relating to management systems audits to produce and issue summary reports to clients.
- Promoting innovation and improvement through promptly addressing deficiencies raising positive interventions to actively contribute towards continual improvement of the IMS (Integrated Management System).
- Supporting with the completion of tasks associated with other projects as instructed by the Senior Systems Consultant i.e. management systems audit, coaching and training etc.
- Prioritising tasks, effectively managing time and workload to maximise the completion of the above responsibilities.
- Previous monitoring experience with either another consultancy or Regulator advantageous
- Good understanding of the waste regulatory and compliance regime
- Awareness and experience of working with management systems standards, ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015, ISO 45001:2018 advantageous
- Good attention to detail with good report writing and presentation skills
- Personable with good verbal and written communication skills
- Well organised with good time management·
- Ability to multi task and prioritize work load
- Ability to work as part of team and independently
- Enthusiastic and willingness to learn
- Professional, polite and courteous
- Computer literate and familiar with MS Excel and Word essential
- Full UK driving licence as the role will require travel to sites around the UK
Mayer Environmental is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. We pride ourselves on being an equal opportunities employer, and value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.