Business Development Manager
Business Development Manager
Attractive salary plus benefits
About Our Business Development Manager Opportunity
Our employees are the driving force of our success and we need an experienced Commercial Buyer/ Sales person to help maximise efficiency, minimise cost and grow the business through business retention and development by procurement and business development. Reporting to our Commercial Manager, this ambitious will be joining us to help cover the Norfolk area
Who we are?
European Metal Recycling is a global leader in sustainable materials with physical operations in the UK, USA, Germany and the Netherlands. Our core business is the recycling of metal and plastics from a range of public, commercial and industrial waste streams. Our recycling activities generate around 10 million tonnes of sustainable materials every year, saving over 10 million tonnes of CO2 compared to using virgin alternatives.
As a world leading metal recycler, we offer diverse and exciting career opportunities. EMR is still privately owned, with family values at its core. It is a place where individuals can make a difference and are recognised and rewarded for their hard work.
Find out more about us at www.emrgroup.com
What you will be doing:
- Grow the business and identify new opportunities in advance of the competition.
- Generate New business and achieve financial growth
- Build, maintain and manage supplier relationships and keep up good communications
- Negotiate contracts, improve prices and terms of business with suppliers and review opportunities to make business savings utilising negotiation and procurement best practice tools and methods
- Provide support to other Commercial buyers maintaining and gaining new business.
- Purchase material, in line with specified cost, quality and delivery targets
- Develop/Manage accounts on CRM. Reporting and monitoring through the CRM App to drive daily/weekly targets.
- Act as an interface between suppliers and other relevant departments on purchasing processes and new projects and activities
- Work closely with others in the procurement function and review opportunities for continuous improvement and business improvements
- Support the overall buying & selling strategy of the group.
- Proven track record of developing and delivering new business
- Proven track record of winning/ retaining new business
- At least 3-5 years as a Business Development/Sales
- Must be an entrepreneurial self-starter who is open-minded and enthusiastic.
- Excellent communication skills/ relationship building
- Drives success: has a can do attitude to pursuing goals and seizes opportunities
- Strategic thinking: able to develop strategies and plans to achieve strategic outcomes.
- A full UK driving licence and able to travel and spend nights away from home
EMR Group and its subsidiaries are committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. We pride ourselves on being an equal opportunities employer, and value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.