We are European Metal Recycling, a rapidly growing business who are seeking an ambitious individual to join us as a Operations Manager with the motivation to develop their career and to join a global leader in recycling.
We are one of the worlds largest organisations in our field, employing 4000 staff across 180 sites around the world. With some pioneering work practices and technology, we can offer a vibrant and dynamic environment for a motivated professional to thrive in. Our employees are the driving force of our success and our belief in this is demonstrable through our investment back to our staff. With growth soaring in the UK, it is an exciting time to be joining us.
You can be part of our journey…
Our Operations Manager Opportunity
The role of Operations Manager at EMR Group is broad in its requirements and provides a challenging but rewarding working environment. Reporting to the General Manager of the depot, the successful candidate will be required to adopt a continuous improvement approach, and be responsible for ensuring safe, environmentally sound, efficient and productive operations within the area of responsibility and for meeting operational and product quality targets.
What you will be doing
- Working with the General Manager within a very demanding and operations focused environment, the role requires strong leadership qualities and extensive yard management responsibilities that involves working with mobile and fixed plant.
- Controlling and maintaining effective stock management, which contributes significantly to grow and develop the existing business and create a structure for sustainable growth
- Driving the quality control elements and adapting to ISO 9001 and End of Waste standards to optimise yard efficiencies
- Monitor and advise on any issues that present a risk or opportunity to the business
- Continual assessment of business risks & opportunities and development of proposals and plans to capitalise on significant opportunities and mitigate risks
- Liaising with the regional SHEQ team to ensure a safe, healthy and environmentally sound workplace and culture for all colleagues, customers and visitors and ensure that all departments within their area of responsibility are operating within all legislative requirements & licence conditions, liaising as required with regulatory bodies. E.g. Police, EA, HSE, Local Government, HMRC, etc.
- Daily analysis of financial performance and day to day management of direct costs and overheads to ensure that landed costs fall within agreed parameters
- Build, maintain and manage local depot relationships and promote and improve communications between door trade customers and the business
- Day-to-day efficient management of the workforce throughout the operations and cooperating closely with commercial and transport management team
- Implements lean management and business improvement techniques to engage all their reporting colleagues in optimising plant and operational performance
- You will be a strong leader who can bring a dynamic and entrepreneurial approach to drive depot performance
- You possess a demonstrated ability to manage, motivate and influence work behaviours
- You will be able to think on your feet and have the ability to manage change in line with day to day demands on sales opportunities
- You embrace a safe working environment culture and bring a range of transferable skills in this field
- You should have an understanding of mobile plant and machinery operations
A full UK driving licence will be required, as you may be required to support additional depots on an ad-hoc basis
EMR Group and its subsidiaries are committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. We pride ourselves on being an equal opportunities employer, and value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
Please note, this role involves a DBS and Financial background check.