ELV Logistics Coordinator
End of Life Vehicle Logistics Coordinator
Monday - Friday, possible Saturdays however a day would be given back during the week.
This role will initially be home based however training will take place at a local depot, the role could be based from a depot in the future.
Attractive Salary & Employee Benefits Package
We are one of the world’s largest metal recycling companies with over 170 sites worldwide. We have the capability to recycle anything from a toaster to an aircraft carrier and invest heavily in developing our own technologies in our quest to be the global leader in sustainability. We also invest in our people, as they are the driving force of our success.
To ensure that requests for ELV transport service are captured, recorded accurately and responded to in line with the previously agreed internal or external customer requirements whilst, striving for efficiencies and service excellence. Maintaining excellent standards of safety and delivering the core values expected from our market leading recycling business.
· Representing EMR professionally and being courteous with stakeholders at all times
· Planning, organising and managing the routing of deliveries and collections to meet the
requirements of the organisation and our customers
· Liaising efficiently with internal and external customers resolving any problems that occur
· Supervising the drivers, managing overtime and efficiencies to ensure cost control
· Promoting and ensuring compliance with transport policies, procedures and legislation
· Where targets have been set then plan vehicle utilisation to ensure the targets are achieved
· Be pro-active in identifying routing and service level improvements, focusing on cost reductions and customer satisfaction
· Working with the local transport management team to ensure the vehicle and driver remain compliant to UK legislation and EMR policy.
· Inspiring and enforcing a positive Health and Safety ethic within the team
· Ensure any paperwork/systems have been completed and used correctly by internal staff and customers, resolving any issues found
· Capture feedback from stakeholders, either positive or negative and report this for review
· Using planning / routing / tracking software in line with instruction and training
· Good customer service experience is essential
· Previous vehicle routing experience is desirable
· Ability to work in a fast paced environment
· Ability to work alone and as part of a team
· Ability to prioritise work and complete it to a high standard
· IOSH Managing Safely is desirable but not essential
· Good IT skills are required (e.g. MS Office, vehicle tracking, routing software)
· The ability to influence people and build long term relationships with external and internal customers
· Multitasking without losing attention to detail
· Be results driven and the ability to structure tasks and work load
· Provide leadership and make the right decisions for the organisation
· Be able to adjust to change and embrace change
· The ability to motivate and project enthusiasm
· Able to understand and adhere to safety, health, environmental and quality policies
· Understand the value of customer service as a key point of differentiation within the industry
Please apply with an up to date CV, including your email address, contact number and details of your salary expectations.
Direct candidate applications will only be accepted for this vacancy.
Applications or speculative CV’s via agencies will not be accepted.
EMR Group and its subsidiaries are committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. We pride ourselves on being an equal opportunities employer, and value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.