Multi Site Recycling Yard Operative - North West
We are one of the world’s largest metal recycling companies with over 170 sites worldwide. We have the capability to recycle anything from a toaster to an aircraft carrier and invest heavily in developing our own technologies in our quest to be the global leader in sustainability. We also invest in our people, as they are the driving force of our success.
Our Multi Site Yard Operative Opportunity
We are currently seeking an operative to join the North West team and to be based from our Salford depot, this individual will be trained on all aspects of our sites; Non ferrous, End of life vehicle, Weighbridge, Shredder, Fixed & Mobile Plant operation meaning they can work from any of our North West sites and assist with the demands of the business.
What you will be doing
- Assisting customers and clients who come to the depot with non-ferrous metals
- Thoroughly grading and weighing incoming materials to ensure quality is maintained.
- Safely operating and be willing to learn the operation of various items of plant on site & the End of Life Vehicle process.
- Conducting regular checks on machinery and work areas, reporting any problems.
- Ensuring the company Health & Safety and environmental policies are strictly adhered to.
- Monitoring all visiting suppliers – including PPE compliance.
- Operating and assisting customers from our Weighbridge office
- Assisting depot management as required.
- Using computer systems and tablets depending on what part of the site you are working on.
- Building relationships with our North West site managers and colleagues
- Own transport required to travel to our North West sites
- Approachable and helpful in a customer facing role
- Ability to adapt to the needs of each site
- Comfortable with technology
- High degree of independence
- Team player
- High standards and attention to detail
- Happy to complete a CRB and credit check due to the nature of the role
For the successful candidate, we can offer a thriving and stable working environment as well as opportunities to develop your career.
How to apply:
Please apply with an up to date CV, including your email address, contact number.
EMR Group and its subsidiaries are committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. We pride ourselves on being an equal opportunities employer, and value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.