Senior Environmental Waste Consultant
Mayer Environmental, is an established consultancy and training provider, with over 20 years experience within the recycling, resource management and waste sectors. Our team of expert consultants has provided specialist advice to large and small companies, as well as public sector organisations, engaging and consulting with policy makers, regulators and trade organisations. Our pragmatic honest approach achieves cost effective sustainable solutions and ensures strong trustworthy relationships develop between us and our clients.
We offer a wide range of up to date, flexible and relevant training opportunities and are renowned for being a unique, supportive and trusted provider of consultancy and training solutions
Our Senior Waste Consultant Opportunity
We have an exciting opportunity to join our Waste and Resources team. Focused on providing high-quality waste and resource consultancy to clients, as well as managing and developing work within the area of environmental permitting and compliance the role will primarily involve undertaking environmental permit and producer compliance applications, managing regulator engagements and agreements, business development and managing waste research projects.
The role will require travel within the UK and some overnight stays will be required.
What you will be doing
- Advise clients on issues relating to waste management and resource use, and compliance with the relevant
environmental regulations and guidance.
• Manage client projects relating to waste permitting (applications, transfer, variations and surrenders), and the
preparation of environmental management systems, fire prevention plans, accident management plans and
environmental risk assessments.
• Prepare and submit WEEE and producer compliance applications on behalf of clients.
• Manage regular applications and agreements.
• Participate in environmental monitoring, waste testing and waste classification projects and the planning and
management of waste research projects and trials.
• Undertake duty of care waste audits
• Provide support to trainers in the delivery of WAMITAB qualifications and training courses.
• Provide business development within the Waste and Resources team to increase the number of clients and
broaden the range of services delivered, including close liaison with the relevant trade associations, and the
provision of proposals and tenders.
• Assist in other waste management projects as required, including liaison with clients and associated project
• Work in close collaboration with the Waste and Resources team ensuring that a process approach
underpinned by risk and opportunity based thinking is applied to all planning and delivery activities.
• Promptly address deficiencies and actively contribute to ensure continual improvement of the Integrated
Management System (IMS), including following up on non-conformances and observations to ensure root
cause investigations have been undertaken and corrective actions are effective.
• Prioritise tasks effectively managing time and workload to maximise the completion of the above
• Complete tasks associated with other projects as instructed by line manager.
• Be courteous and professional at all times.
- Relevant science degree as a minimum
• Experience in a role predominantly involved in environmental permitting (including fire prevention plans)
and/or producer compliance applications, either with the Environment Agency or a consultancy company
• Experience of the waste management recycling and/or metal recycling industries
• Experience of environmental monitoring or waste classification would be advantageous
• Good background in health and safety, a relevant IOSH or NEBOSH qualification would be advantageous
• Relevant professional membership, for example CIWM and chartered status, would be advantageous
• Good interpersonal skills with the ability to build strong working relationships internally
and externally at all levels
• Working knowledge and understanding of ISO management systems would be advantageous
EMR Group and its subsidiaries are committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. We pride ourselves on being an equal opportunities employer, and value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.