End of Life Vehicle (ELV) Site Operative - Contract
End of Life Vehicle (ELV) Site Operative
This role is a temporary contract
45 hours per week
EMR is one of the world’s largest metal recycling companies with over 170 operational sites worldwide and 4500 staff. We have the capability to recycle anything from a toaster to an aircraft carrier and invest heavily in developing our own technologies in our quest to be the global leader in the provision of sustainable materials. We also invest in our people, and they are the driving force of our success.
Responsible for handling and processing End of Life vehicles safely and compliantly whilst providing excellent customer service and managing stocks efficiently.
Duties and Responsibilities
· ELV operatives will need to be fully trained in all aspects of ELV operations including FLT licence, small tools and vehicle depollution.
· The ELV operative will greet customers at the ELV drop off areas and inspect the vehicles.
· Inspection of vehicles to assess if they need de-polluting and will check to confirm if the vehicle is complete to inform pricing.
· Perform out turns on each vehicle confirming what has been removed using the mobile device provided.
· Store all commodities removed from vehicles in the correct manner including:
o Batteries in battery boxes
o Wheels stacked on pallets and shrink wrapped once a full pallet completed
o Cats with barcode stickers added and placed in secure storage.
· Weigh out batteries, wheels and Cats on a regular basis as sales are despatched.
· Achieve daily targets on the number of vehicles per day to be depolluted.
· Carry out accurate valuations of catalytic converters with training to be provided.
· Maintain good housekeeping standards so that the ELV building and surrounding areas are kept clean and tidy.
· Play an active part in depot safety performance through being a safety leader on-site.
· Identify, report and deal with hazards. Challenge unsafe behaviours and ensure compliance with all EMR SOP’s.
· Previous experience of a vehicle depollution/metal recycling activities is preferable but not essential
· FLT experience preferable
· Ability to use a hand held portable tablet for recording information
· Previous car mechanic experience beneficial
· The ability to demonstrate excellent team working relationships, fostering an environment based on trust and mutual respect.
· Capable of assessing information
· Experience of working in a fluid environment where priorities can change and flexibility is essential.
· Approachable and helpful in a customer facing role
· Physically fit and able to work to the demands of the business.
· Be able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
· Comfortable with technology
· High degree of independence
· Team player
· Highly motivated
· High standards and attention to detail
· Clean CRB and credit check
· Good time keeping.
EMR Group and its subsidiaries are committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. We pride ourselves on being an equal opportunities employer, and value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.