Dockside General Operative
EMR is one of the world’s largest metal recycling companies with over 170 operational sites worldwide and 4500 staff. We have the capability to recycle anything from a toaster to an aircraft carrier and invest heavily in developing our own technologies in our quest to be the global leader in the provision of sustainable materials. We also invest in our people, and they are the driving force of our success.
Minimum 45 hours per week
6.30-4pm or 8-5pm on a rotational basis
12 hour shifts when ships come in - all overtime paid at a higher rate
As a general operative working on the Tilbury dock site you will develop a solid foundation of knowledge and expertise of what it takes to be at the forefront of recycling and sustainability, and you will be supported with training along the way. It would be an advantage if you have plant operative/FLT and dock side experience.
What you will be doing:
- Unloading, loading, processing and transporting various materials on site.
- Thoroughly grading and weighing incoming materials to ensure quality is maintained.
- Assisting customers and clients who come to the depot.
- Safely operating and be willing to learn the operation of various items of plant on site.
- Conducting regular checks on machinery and work areas, reporting any problems.
- Ensuring the company Health & Safety and environmental policies are strictly adhered to.
- Monitoring all visiting suppliers – including PPE compliance.
- Assisting depot management as required.
- Can you work safely and effectively in a large industrial environment?
- Are you organised adaptable to meet business priorities?
- Do you have good communication and customer service skills?
- Are you comfortable working outside?
- Do you have a ‘can do’ attitude?
EMR Group and its subsidiaries are committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. We pride ourselves on being an equal opportunities employer, and value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.