Job Title: Technical Lead
Department: Digital Share Solutions
Reports To: Digital Technical Director
Company: Fishawack Group of Companies
Location: San Diego, CA
The role is a key position in forming and running a cohesive digital delivery team in tandem with the UK Digital Delivery Lead and team.
The Technical Lead role is a multi‐disciplined role encompassing elements of the roles of Digital Developer, Designer, Project Manager, and Solution Architect. This role will lead the US delivery team under the management of the Digital Technical Director. This role is a key senior position in the digital delivery team, with initial responsibilities to help build and grow a team to meet increasing demand.
- Learn the processes, technology and delivery methods currently used in Fishawack Digital
- Gain in‐depth knowledge of established products and previous deliveries across the team
- Help form a cohesive digital delivery team with strong cross‐office processes
- Contribute new product ideas to the Digital senior leadership team
- Maintain quality and great user experience across the team and all deliveries
- Help to successfully expand and grow the digital team in the US
- Form a strong relationship with all digital team members and develop a thorough knowledge of their capabilities
- Lead by example, doing whatever is required to get the job completed
- Continually ensure that the team and resources are set up for success
- Provide proficient line management of the US digital team
- Present digital communications clearly to internal or external stakeholders where required
- Showcase the digital portfolio and case studies where required
- Project manage a digital delivery efficiently through the Shared Solutions teams with the UK & US Digital Producers
- Provide timely and accurate budget estimates and delivery reporting to the Digital Technical Director
- Review work before release and consistently maintain quality assurance
Design and Technology Advisor
- Consistently provide input to digital solution design, supporting the Digital Technical Director
- Strive to provide continuous improvement across the team and group through innovation and technology
- Act as the key point of contact for US digital delivery internal enquiries and status updates
- Continually act as a key advocate for digital delivery across the group
- Investigate digital requirements and scope thoroughly
- Consistently be hands‐on in delivery projects, ensuring design, development and scope are fully formed and documented
- Act as a US key stakeholder liaison, extending the reach of the digital team
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
(To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and ability required.)
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience and/or Certifications
- 5+ years hands‐on agency digital delivery experience
- Prior experience as a line manager and team leader
Special Knowledge/ Skills
- Strong visual design and UX background or technical background in web software development
- Can‐do attitude
- Deep interest in design and technology, specializing in web technologies
(The behaviors, skills and practices required to accomplish the objectives of this position and in the daily conduct of business.)
- Is good at bringing creative ideas to market; has good judgment about which ideas and suggestions will work; has a sense about managing the creative process of others; can facilitate effective brainstorming; can project how potential ideas may play out in the marketplace.
- Relates well to all kinds of people—up, down, and across, inside and outside the organization; builds rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse high‐tension situations comfortably. Is good at establishing clear directions; provides the information people need to know to do their jobs and to feel good about being a member of the project team; distributes the workload appropriately and fairly; treats direct reports fairly and equitably.
- Knowledgeable about how organizations work; knows how to get things done both through formal channels and the informal network; understands the origin and reasoning behind key policies, practices, and procedures; understands the cultures of organizations; clearly and comfortably delegates both routine and important tasks and decisions; trusts people to perform and finish their own work.
Problem Solving/Time Management
- Uses his/her time effectively and efficiently, solving difficult problems with effective solutions; concentrates his/her efforts on more important priorities; looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at first answers; attends to a broad range of activities; gets more done in less time than others.
Developing Direct Reports
- Provides challenging and stretching tasks and assignments; is aware of each direct report’s career goals; regularly reviews performance and holds timely discussions; is a people builder.
- Able to make good decisions based on a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment; able to make a quick decision, sometimes with incomplete information and under tight deadlines and pressure; understands the business and is knowledgeable about current and possible future policies, practices, trends, and information that could affect the organization.
- Is cool under pressure; does not become defensive or irritated when times are tough; is considered mature; can be counted on to hold things together during tough times.
COMPANY CORE COMPETENCIES
Is dedicated to meeting and exceeding the expectations and requirements of clients; gets first‐hand client information and uses it for improvements in services; acts with clients in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with clients and gains their trust and respect.
Has the functional and technical knowledge, skills, and creativity to do the job at an extremely high level of accomplishment.
Adheres to an appropriate and effective set of core values and beliefs during both good and bad times; acts in line with those values; acts in a direct and truthful way; can present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner; admits mistakes; doesn’t misrepresent him/herself for personal gain.
- Authors/Thought Leaders/Experts
- Contract or Freelance Employees
- Senior Leadership team
- Divisional Leadership team
- All Employees