Role Title: Front-End Developer
Department: Digital Shared Solutions
Company Website: Fishawack Group of Companies
Location: Conshohocken, PA
Working as part of a diverse digital delivery team, the Front End Developer will be responsible for taking wireframes, designs and manuscripts to develop and efficiently deliver functional code that puts the skin on our range of applications and web projects.
Your passion may be front-end development, but you are able to work across the stack in a team, contributing ideas and leaning in to assist where needed. You understand how browser-based interfaces interact with back-end services and
You’ll help to design and develop great looking websites, beautiful-yet-functional interfaces, innovative web applications, native and hybrid mobile apps and more.
The role will involve interaction and cooperation with many areas of the business and internal stakeholders. A probing and inquiring mind with understanding of the Creative and Development life-cycle are essential.
You can multi task projects and be able to quickly communicate new information and skills on a regular basis. You embrace change as a familiar friend and love to iterate your process and methodology to improve.
You strive to write beautiful code all of the time, so feel quality is important in what you produce.
- Key member decision maker in the Digital team
- You can identify scope, key requirements, specification, creative approach and development methodology for projects
- You enjoy plan and designing the architecture of your projects as well as following development guidelines
- You are happy to collaborate across the entire group
- You like to review code and are happy to follow development standards and procedures
- Report scope creep and unscheduled work immediately to the Digital Producer and/or Digital Delivery Lead
- Contribute in raising risks and issues which may arise in order to lessen their impact
- Be confident in estimating your time and be accurate against set tasks
- Provide ongoing application support as necessary, during and after the final project delivery
- Be able to demonstrate a track record in front-end development across a number of technologies and platforms
- You should have at least 2+ years experience in custom web interface design and implementation, development methodologies, frameworks
- Self-builder used to working as a standalone developer or with a very small support team
- Experience with multiple technical environments and development tools server side and client side
- Broad knowledge of the digital development environment current standards and trends
- Creative and innovative thinker and solution builder
- We expect you to be contributing and or participating in front-end development trends and topics and always exploring new techniques/tools for potential use.
Technical Skills (Essential)
- Clear understanding of the digital development lifecycles
- Deep passion and examples of converting designs and concepts into responsive web assets that work across multiple sizes and browsers.
- Strong knowledge of at least one CSS preprocessor with familiarity across all SCSS, SASS
- Automation of front-end technologies through pre-processing via Gulp / Grunt / WebPack
- Examples of pulling data from services into client interfaces.
- Comfortable developing skins/templates for popular CMS platforms
- Familiar with PhotoShop, Sketch and InVision and can slice/update source images if needed.
- Essential to have experience with Git version control in both command line and/or GUI
Technical Skills (Desirable)
- Experience in developing in agile development methodologies
- Familiar with relational databases (i.e. MySQL, SQL Server) as well as contemporary data stores (i.e. MongoDB, Contentful)
- Comfortable developing in and working with Node, Electron
- Familiar with full-stack opensource technologies and frameworks (PHP, Drupal, Laravel, Twig, Vue, Handlebars)
Business skills (Essential)
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Essential attention to detail
- Flexibility to change
Business skills (Desirable)
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills
- Prior independent agency application development experience
- Ability to influence without mandate
- Ability to aggressively prioritize
- Ability to identify critical information
- Prepared to challenge norms and consider new approach