Title: Senior Digital Designer
Company Website: Fishawack Group of Companies
Internal Team: Digital Shared Services
Reports to: Digital Operations Manager or Digital Delivery Lead
Key Relationships: Digital Technical Director, Digital Operations Manager, Digital development team, Creative team, Design Studio team
As digital designer, your primary role will be combining your knowledge and expertise in UI design with the objectives of Fishawack digital, to deliver the best experience possible to our projects and clients.
You are interested in helping us solve the problems with how to present data and bring content to life inside a digital solution.
You are comfortable working with a data-led approach to design, but can also hold your own on the traditional design disciplines too. You understand that agency life is a fast-paced, iterative and at times challenging with processes, and you are okay with that.
You’ll help to design great looking websites, beautiful yet functional interfaces, innovative web applications, native and hybrid mobile apps and more. Front-end skills are a huge plus; deep knowledge of current web technology and tools is a must.
We listen to each other, we respect each other, and we a close team. We are pushing to always improve and make things even better. We’re looking for someone who shares and believes in these same ideals.
We are a growing team, and still working out the best ways to collaborate smoothly. We’d love to hear your ideas on how we can work together even better. Hopefully you can inspire us in new directions and we can expand your skills with a great range of design challenges.
· This role should lead on UI deliveries with the team
· The role is working alongside the development team not as a separate function so expect to get stuck in to the code too
· You should have experience in designing across multiple channels, devices and environments
· You should help improve processes and bring ideas on improving our workflow. We are always willing to adapt.
· We expect a rocking portfolio of everything you have done
· We expect you to be tooled up with great skills in all the usual design applications
· Excellent communication skills and strong team player
· Business and organizationally aware of the demands
· Self-motivated, tenacious and resilient, positive under pressure
· Works with colleagues in a way that is consistent with Fishawack operating principles and business priorities.
· Strong personal drive to deliver value to clients
Required Technical Skills
· Clear understanding of the digital design processes and delivery
· Excellent in all the tools of the trade, creative and code related
· Good knowledge of front end development workflow
· Experience with different digital channel deliveries
· Expert in standard design tools such Adobe CC, Sketch, Photoshop
· Understanding of design specification tools and their role in front end development workflow, i.e. InVision, Sketch Measure, or Zeppelin
· Demonstrable understanding of HTML and CSS and their application in responsive design and development
Desired Technical Skills
· Knowledge of video or animation tools and concepts
· Basic knowledge of source code tools
· Basic knowledge of .NET & or PHP development
· Basic experience with Content Management system knowledge such as Umbraco, WordPress or other
· Basic experience with Email Management Systems such as MailChimp, Campaign Monitor or others
Essential Business Skills
· Excellent problem-solving skills
· Excellent attention to detail
· Flexibility to instigate and accept change
· Ability to identify critical information
· Prepared to challenge norms and consider new approach
· Time management and reasonable ability to estimate design effort reliably
Desirable Business Skills
· Prior agency experience
· Excellent Microsoft Office skills