Job Title: Editorial Project Specialist
Company Website: Fishawack Group of Companies
Department: Editorial Services
Reports To: Director, Editorial Services
On behalf of account teams, the Editorial Project Specialist ensures editorial support and manages clients’ content review processes to enable the successful planning and execution of each project milestone.
The Editorial Project Specialist manages the electronic review and content development processes used by clients, including preparation of completed document from writers; submission, retrieval, and distribution of documents for review and revision; and dissemination of updated core documents and client guidelines. Contributes to proofreading, quality control reviews, error reading, and the development of competitive intelligence materials. Manages digital content updates, permissions acquisition, and journal/congress submissions. Understands key milestones in project delivery process and ensures required activity is met prior to moving onto the next milestone. Occasional travel for client meetings and onsite training, as needed. Interacts with aligned account teams and Shared Solutions colleagues to develop and ensure adherence to processes and timelines. Maintains expertise independently and through interaction with client teams to receive training and updates on guidelines, resources, and scheduling. Completes assignments on deadline; updates project status reports, as requested. Editorial Project Specialist with more seniority will lead distinct ES-driven projects and account responsibilities, ensure that editorial work across accounts and teams meets Fishawack’s quality standards, train junior ES colleagues, and advocate for best practices for assigned accounts and teams.
Review and Content Development Management
Manage and deliver the resourcing, scheduling, coordination, and reporting of project deliverables, including those undergoing clients’ electronic review processes.
- Carefully verifies project specifications to ensure accuracy, including scope of projects needing review, timelines, and client review processes
- Communicates review processes and expectations clearly to team from start through key points leading toward completion of project’s review, including changes in review schedule and key resources
- Initiates new electronic review records in a timely way
- Provides regular status updates to team in a timely manner, including downloads and distribution of recently reviewed projects
Lead and deliver project work as assigned, including managing priorities and supporting client-driven projects, with an eye toward oversight of resourced projects.
- Accurately proofreads final layouts, presentations, and electronic documents against edited manuscript or layout
- Thoroughly copyedits materials, as assigned, for clarity and comprehensiveness
- Conducts appropriate literature searches for account teams based on supplied search criteria
- Proactively manages workload and timelines within aligned accounts and among ES team contributors
- Maintains regular and accurate updates for publications and related projects
- Effectively coordinates reference retrieval
- Manages project files and archiving on assigned projects; files paper and electronic documents based on company guidelines in an organized manner
Manage Permissions Acquisition and Submission Package Process
Manage permissions acquisition and submission packages to journals and congresses on behalf of dedicated accounts.
- Coordinates permissions work related to aligned accounts
- Maintains records of obtained permissions and runs appropriate status reports, as requested, in a timely and accurate manner
- Manages information on congresses, journals, and opinion leaders on behalf of dedicated accounts
- Accurately prepares journal and congress submission packages for editorial colleagues
Liaise with employees, client review managers, review software vendors.
- Regularly updates project status tracker, team members, and agency and client contacts on broader developments
- Regularly meets with managers of projects
- Reports to project team weekly to review projects and deadlines for projects in review
- Travel occasionally to receive training and updates on client review process guidelines.
- Successfully assimilates and disseminates information regarding new electronic review responsibilities
- Performs project management tasks, as needed
- Is a reliable and dependable contributor to the team’s goals; actively collaborates with the team and supports other team members as needed
- Works well with others; values suggestions and constructive feedback
- Communicates effectively with team members
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
(To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and ability required.)
4 year post secondary education, or equivalent experience
4-year Bachelor’s degree in English or communications preferred
2+ years’ publication support experience; 2+ years’ experience in the editorial process; experience with project management, including financial oversight; must be computer literate
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office, specifically Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Proficiency in Internet and PubMed searches
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, as part of a team
- Must have access to a dependable form of transportation as well as a valid driver’s license to attend offsite training meetings