Job Title: Associate Project Manager
Company: Fishawack Group of Companies
Department: Project Management
Reports To: Project Management Team Lead
The Fishawack Associate Project Manager (APM) works across multiple accounts and project types, providing support on key project management elements, assisting the project management team and wider project teams in meeting day-to-day tactical objectives, including project management, budget management, and timelines. With the direction of senior team members, the APM supports the financial and project management of assigned projects to ensure successful execution and outcome.
While this is a primarily a supporting role, the APM will demonstrate an increasing self-sufficiency in their position.
1. Provide task-based support on all aspects of assigned projects from a project management and financial perspective
2. Internal account team/cross-function co-ordination and communication re. project progression
3. Liaison with third party suppliers and clients as appropriate
4. Support senior project managers in actively managing project finances to achieve Fishawack KPIs
5. Where possible identify, and generate, opportunities with existing and new accounts.
The range of tasks includes, but is not limited to:
- budget development and reconciliation
- updating eSource,
- timeline development,
- providing financial information
- updating status sheets
- email traffic management.
Achievement of chargeable hours target is a standard Fishawack requirement.
- Provide task-based support on all aspects of assigned projects from a project management and financial perspective
- Demonstrates clear understanding and correct utilisation of internal and external project status reports and other project management capabilities
- Manages project deliverables and status to approved specifications and budget with clients, other agencies and internal personnel.
- Demonstrates clear understanding of project management processes and PM tools and software functionality, and follows these processes
- Independently simultaneously handles multiple projects under pressure and tight deadlines
- Uses judgment to anticipate problems before they arise and proactively works to resolve them
- Internal account team/cross-function co-ordination and communication re. project progression
- Develops effective working relationships with Client Service and Editorial leads and Shared Services, to meet team objectives
- Communicates openly and constructively with all teams, providing continuous status updates – cross-function communications re. project progression
- Supports the team by liaising with internal stakeholders to prioritise workload, participating in team meetings and brainstorms, providing project feedback and input into action plans as required.
- Clear understanding of account team roles and responsibilities
- Concerns flagged to more senior members of the internal team in a timely manner
- Liaising with external suppliers and clients as appropriate
- Fosters positive and effective working relationships with external contacts and stakeholders
- Regular client communication and third-party liaison - tactful, yet assertive communication style
- Support senior project managers in actively managing project finances to achieve Fishawack KPIs
- Tracks and manages project budgets to ensure projects complete within budget
- All financial data reported in a clear, accurate and timely manner
- Where possible identify opportunities with existing and new accounts.
- Continually relay potential opportunities to senior Project management
CORE COMPETENCIES FOR THIS POSITION
- Composure-Is calm under pressure; does not become defensive or irritated when times are tough; is considered professional and supportive.
- Working with other people-Relates well to all kinds of people inside and outside the organisation; builds rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact.
- Financial acumen-Understands key financial data and how KPIs are interlinked, proactively manages finances to get the best result for Fishawack and for clients
- Organisation skills-Can marshal resources (people, material, support) to get things done; can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal; uses resources effectively and efficiently; arranges information and files in a useful, intuitive manner; is detail orientated and has the ability to prioritise tasks
- Problem Solving / Time Management-Uses time effectively and efficiently; pro-active and solutions-orientated approach; concentrates their efforts on more important priorities; looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at first answers; attends to a broad range of activities.
- Written Communications-Solid grasp of grammar, spelling and punctuation; able to write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles.
FISHAWACK CORE COMPETENCIES
- Client Focus-Is dedicated to meeting and exceeding the expectations and requirements of clients; gets first-hand client information and uses it for improvements in services; acts with clients in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with clients and gains their trust and respect.
- Functional/Technical Skills-Has the functional and technical knowledge, skills, and creativity to do the job at an extremely high level of accomplishment.
- Ethics / Values / Integrity / Trust-Adheres to an appropriate and effective set of core values and beliefs; acts in line with those values; acts in a direct and truthful way; can present the truth in an appropriate and helpful manner; admits mistakes; doesn’t misrepresent themselves for personal gain.
- Other agencies
- External suppliers e.g. printers
- Account Team
- Shared solutions
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
(To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and ability required.)
- Education: 4 year degree
- Experience: At least 2 years in an administrative role, preferably in a team-based, customer-focused environment
- Special Knowledge/Skills: Microsoft Office Suite, Good communication skills, both written and verbal, Financial interest and demonstrated capability