Management Accountant (6 Month Fixed Term Contract)
Salary: £Competitive + Excellent Benefits (Pension, Healthcare, Life Insurance etc.)
Who are the Fishawack Group of Companies?
Established in 2001, we are a group of dynamic healthcare communications companies with teams across the UK, US, India, Portugal and Switzerland. Our reputation is built on excellence and creativity, bound by a common philosophy and a commitment to providing premium medical communications services tailored to meet the individual needs of our clients across the pharmaceutical and healthcare industries. Our mission is to improve outcomes for patients through the communication and application of healthcare knowledge. As our success continues to grow so does our need for talented individuals. The Fishawack Group of Companies has over 450 colleagues globally and is continuing to cement itself a one of the world’s leading groups of healthcare communications companies.
About the role
Following an exciting and exceptional period of recent growth, we're searching for a dynamic and hands on Management Accountant to join our fast paced finance department on an initial 6 month fixed term contract. The key purpose of the role is to support the finance department with a variety of management account related duties/tasks. The successful candidate will ideally be part qualified (ACCA, CIMA, or ACA) and have strong excel skills.
You'll be expected to hit the ground running and absorb information at pace as this is a hands- on role and with full accountability. The role will need a flexible approach as the ability to work across a range of areas within management accounts is a must. These areas will vary in complexity and will involve working across a number of entities.
- Preparation of the month end pack, including P&L analysis, reports and commentary
- Production/update/ownership of Balance Sheet reconciliations and investigation of balances when required
- Responsible for posting accounting journals, including Accruals, Prepayments, Accrued Income and Deferred Income
- Assist and support the department during a system change
- Assist in the year-end audit process & prepare ad hoc financial reports
- VAT submission and reporting
- Finalists/Part Qualified (ACCA, CIMA or ACA will be considered)
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills
- Proven can-do attitude with an ability to work calmly and accurately across a wide variety of tasks
- Proven experience as a Management Accountant or a supporting role to a Finance Manager
- Having experience of an ERP system would be a distinct advantage
- Capable of working effectively as part of a team and using your own initiative
- A confident, tenacious and positive team player
- A self-motivated individual that can work to strict time deadline
- Working technical knowledge of reporting standards and management accounting techniques, with a focus on trading balance sheet accounts (Accruals, Prepayments, Accrued Income, Deferred Income) and Profit & Loss reporting/analysis.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
We offer a creative, supportive environment with a uniquely diverse career structure where you will be able to continuously develop. Our STEPS training programme – Supporting Training, Enhancing Professional Development – provides a broad range of training delivered in-house and on-line, and supplements on-the-job training/project team-led training initiatives. We also offer a generous company pension, private medical insurance plus many other excellent employee benefits.