Job Title: Project Manager
Department: Project Management
Reports To: Project Management Team Lead
Experience level: Ideally 3 years
The Fishawack Project Manager (PM) is responsible for establishing a global and granular view of all assigned client accounts and their respective workloads, leading the internal workflow and teams to complete quality work and manage projects from inception to completion. Through exceptional organisational, financial and communication skills, the PM works to integrate multiple teams and ensures flawless project execution on time and budget, meeting Fishawack goals whilst achieving client objectives and surpassing their expectations.
The PM should work on one large account or across multiple accounts to continue development of their experience of different project types and clients and can demonstrate increasing self-sufficiency in doing so. They must develop effective working relationships with Client Service, Medical Writing leads and Shared services, to meet client and team objectives, assist with prioritising workload, participating in team meetings and brainstorms, providing project feedback and input into action plans as required. Project managers may also be required to provide support and input into new business proposals.
1. Manage all aspects of assigned projects from a project management and financial perspective, ensuring successful planning, management, execution and outcome
2. In conjunction with senior team members, ensure both external and internal stakeholders are kept informed and regularly updated on project progress with any concerns being flagged to more senior members of the internal team in a timely manner
3. Actively manage project finances to achieve Fishawack KPIs and proactively discuss any corrective courses of action with client and internal team
4. Where possible identify, and generate, opportunities with existing and new accounts.
5. Perform other duties as assigned e.g. line management, mentorship
The range of tasks which a PM may be expected to do includes, but is not limited to,
· budget development and reconciliation
· updating eSource
· timeline development
· providing internal and external financial information
· invoicing, tracking and phasing projects
· internal traffic management
· updating status sheets and participating in/leading status calls
· management and liaison with third party suppliers e.g. printers.
Achievement of chargeable hours’ target is a standard Fishawack requirement.
Manage all aspects of assigned projects, ensuring successful planning, management, execution and outcome.
Supporting the project management and wider project teams to proactively manage and deliver selected projects to budget, schedule and agreed specification.
Working to proactively resolve challenges and build bridges amongst teams, diffusing negativity and bottlenecks.
- Costs projects appropriately
- Develops and maintains accurate timelines with key milestones
- Regularly communicates deliverables to external clients, other agencies and internal team
- Manages effective, efficient workflow of all projects on assigned accounts providing continuous status updates
- Establishes effective project and resourcing plans in collaboration with all teams
- Takes ownership of and enforces Fishawack processes by providing meaningful feedback to all teams and managing these effectively
- Demonstrates open and constructive communication with all departments
- Identifies points of frustration early on in process
- Flags timing concerns to correct early on in process
Ensure both internal and external stakeholders are kept informed and regularly updated on project progress with any concerns being flagged to more senior members of the internal team in a timely manner
- Demonstrates clear understanding and correct utilisation of internal and external project status reports and other project management capabilities
- Demonstrates comprehensive understanding of project management processes and eSource functionality
- Communicates openly and constructively with all departments, providing continuous status updates – cross-function communications re. project progression
- Regular client communication and third-party liaison - tactful, yet assertive communication style
- Fosters positive relationships with internal and external teams
Actively manage project finances to achieve Fishawack KPIs and proactively discuss any corrective courses of action with client and internal team
- Demonstrates comprehensive understanding of eSource functionality and FW financial management processes
- All project finances tracked and reported in eSource in an accurate and timely manner
- Flags budget concerns early on in process, taking proactive corrective action as appropriate
- Pro-active follow-up for out of specification costs from clients
- Invoicing and reconciliations done in a timely manner
- Positive client feedback on financial management of account
- Accuracy of forecast for upcoming work
Where possible generate opportunities with existing and new accounts.
- Identifies potential opportunities to wider team members.
- Input on estimates and proposals as appropriate
CORE COMPETENCIES FOR THIS POSITION
(The behaviours, skills and practices required to accomplish the objectives of this position and in the daily conduct of business.)
Is cool under pressure; does not become defensive or irritated when times are tough; is considered mature; can be counted on to hold things together and demonstrate a clear ability to guide other team members; confident communicator.
· Working with other people
Relates well to all kinds of people, inside and outside the organisation; builds rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse high-tension situations comfortably; provides meaningful performance input for other employees in all departments; maintains a professional and positive attitude; good knowledge of different project types and roles and processes of all project team members
· Financial acumen
Understands key financial data and how KPIs are interlinked, proactively manages finances to get the best result for Fishawack and for clients
· Organisation skills
Can marshal resources (people, material, support) to get things done; can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal; uses resources effectively and efficiently; arranges information and files in a useful, intuitive manner.
· Problem Solving / Time Management
Uses time effectively and efficiently, solving difficult problems with effective solutions; concentrates efforts on more important priorities; looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at first answers; attends to a broad range of activities; gets more done in less time than others; Comfortable working under pressure within tight deadlines while maintaining a positive attitude; seeks out additional opportunities to expand experience and cultivate expertise
· Written Communications
can write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles; can get
messages across that have the desired effect; can maintain a high level of attention to detail.
CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL FISHAWACK POSITIONS
· Client Focus
Is dedicated to meeting and exceeding the expectations and requirements of clients; gets first-hand client information and uses it for improvements in services; acts with clients in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with clients and gains their trust and respect.
· Functional/Technical Skills
Has the functional and technical knowledge, skills, and creativity to do the job at an extremely high level of accomplishment.
· Ethics / Values / Integrity / Trust
Adheres to an appropriate and effective set of core values and beliefs; acts in line with those values; acts in a direct and truthful way; can present the truth in an appropriate and helpful manner; admits mistakes; doesn’t misrepresent themselves for personal gain.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
(To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and ability required.)
Education Required: 4-year post secondary education, or equivalent experience
A-level minimum; degree preferable.
Ideally 3 years in project management, preferably in healthcare.
Microsoft Office suite including MS Project
Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
Strong financial acumen, planning and organization, proactivity
Self-motivated, professional and detail-oriented, with an enthusiastic desire to continuously learn, evolve and innovate