Junior Digital Designer (Knutsford, Cheshire)
Salary: £18,000 - £22,000 + excellent benefits (pension, healthcare etc.)
Reports to: Senior Digital Designer
Who are the Fishawack Group of Companies?
Established in 2001, we are a group of dynamic healthcare communications companies with teams across the UK, US, India, Portugal and Switzerland. Our reputation is built on excellence and creativity, bound by a common philosophy and a commitment to providing premium medical communications services tailored to meet the individual needs of our clients across the pharmaceutical and healthcare industries. Our mission is to improve outcomes for patients through the communication and application of healthcare knowledge. As our success continues to grow so does our need for talented individuals.
About the role
You will be working as part of a busy digital team based at our Knutsford studio, but also with the wider team across the globe including London, Philadelphia and San Diego. The Junior Digital Designer will bring-to-life; great looking websites, beautiful and functional interfaces, innovative web applications, mobile apps and more.
You are interested in user experience, functional interfaces and solving communication problems through design. You understand design is about problem solving, design thinking and have skills to translate that thinking to a screen, touch interface, virtual and real experiences. You have an understanding there is a creative and development lifecycle.
You are comfortable designing solo, as well as working on larger systems with the design team, example: creative campaigns, pattern libraries, etc. Don’t worry, you will be mentored by a senior designer and the wider team. 1-to-1 and project team design-reviews will be part of the mentoring programme. You understand that agency life is fast-paced, iterative and at times challenging.
You can multi-task across projects and you’re able to communicate progress on a regular basis. You strive to deliver the highest quality work and are proud to be part of what you produce.
The day-to-day role will be with our internal team of design, UX, development and producers, but you will also interact with the wider business of scientific writers and other specialist areas such as 3D and video animation.
- Contribute to the design phase, creative approach and development of leading digital projects for our clients
- Design under the guidance of senior team members, as well as following process guidelines
- Strive to be good at estimating your time and hitting deadlines!
- Quick and keen to learn
- Great team worker and collaborator
- We expect you to show you have an aptitude for design and design thinking
- Ideally, you would have at least 1 years' experience and/or a relevant qualification in digital design or graphic design demonstrating understanding of interaction and animation
- You are passionate about design in and outside of work. You are interested in digital trends.
- It would be beneficial if you have experience with Mac OS and a good level of technical knowledge
- Creative thinker
Technical skills we'd like you to have...
- In-depth knowledge of at least 1 industry standard software application, eg. Illustrator, Sketch
- Up-to-date knowledge on latest on technologies and design best practises
- Experience of building responsive web sites and applications
Useful skills, but will be taught...
- Knowledge of visual prototypes like InVision, Framer,
- Wireframing tools like, Sketch libraries, Balsamique
- Knowledge of emails platforms such as MailChimp, Campaign Monitor, Litmus
- Basic coding of HTML and CSS. This is a design role.
- Agile, waterfall, kanban, scrum methodologies
- Knowledge of any CMS platform such as Craft, Drupal, WordPress
- Microsoft Office skills
During the interview we would like to review examples of your work, these can be commercial, university or personal projects.
- You’ll gain experience working with a highly-skilled and successful digital team!
- Mac Laptop and 27” monitor, plus access to multiple devices including iPad Pro’s, Pencil, Alexa, AR/VR equipment.
- A mentoring programme to help develop your skills and career
- Tuition for continuing education – in-house and online
- We offer a creative, supportive environment with an open culture where you will be able to develop
- We also offer a generous company pension, private medical insurance plus many other excellent employee benefits
**Please ensure you include a link to your portfolio when submitting your application**