Events Manager (Brighton & Hove, East Sussex)
Reports to: Events Director
Salary: £Competitive + excellent benefits
Who are the Fishawack Group of Companies?
Established in 2001, we are a group of dynamic healthcare communications companies with teams across the UK, US, India, Portugal and Switzerland. Our reputation is built on excellence and creativity, bound by a common philosophy and a commitment to providing premium medical communications services tailored to meet the individual needs of our clients across the pharmaceutical and healthcare industries. Our mission is to improve outcomes for patients through the communication and application of healthcare knowledge. As our success continues to grow so does our need for talented individuals. The Fishawack Group of Companies has over 600 colleagues globally and is continuing to cement itself as one of the world’s leading groups of healthcare communications companies.
About the role
We have a unique opportunity for a talented Events Manager to join our global Events Management team and deliver a portfolio of international Medical Communications events. With significant growth, we're looking to expand the team further with an experienced Event Manager to project-manage and deliver pharmaceutical meetings, ensuring they are delivered to budget, on schedule and to the highest level of service.
- Pre-event planning
- Sourcing and management of venues and third party suppliers (e.g AV, hotels, transfer companies, DMCs, liaison with congress secretariat)
- Faculty and client management
- Management of all logistical aspect of meetings
- Financial and budgetary management
- International travel with on-site event management and delivery
- Ideally 3 years+ experience of delivering events, preferably within a medical communications or event management agency
- Knowledge of compliance regulations
- Confidence in dealing with people at all levels
- Negotiation skills with suppliers
- Knowledge of international destinations and venues
- Full logistics experience and project management of recent events
- Experience working with client meeting portals/databases would be an advantage, e.g. Lanyon, Impulse and C-vent
We offer a creative, supportive environment with a uniquely diverse career structure where you will be able to continuously develop. Our STEPS training programme – Supporting Training, Enhancing Professional Development – provides a broad range of training delivered in-house and on-line, and supplements on-the-job training/project team-led training initiatives. We also offer a generous company pension, private medical insurance plus many other excellent employee benefits.