Events Coordinator (Abingdon, Oxfordshire)
Reports to: Senior Events Manager
Salary: £Competitive + excellent benefits
About the role
The Events Coordinator is responsible for managing and delivering specific elements of meetings by taking the lead on smaller meetings with appropriate support from Senior Team Members, and supporting the Events Managers and Senior Event Managers to deliver larger and meetings of a greater complexity. You will be able to work on simultaneous events and attend European and International events as required. You will ensure that projects are consistently delivered to specification and within Fishawack and clients’ standards and within budget. Given the nature of the role there will need to be a certain amount of flexibility with working hours during busy times, in return, Fishawack will offer you excellent job benefits, on-going career opportunities and a supportive & flexible working environment.
Who are the Fishawack Group of Companies?
Established in 2001, we are a group of dynamic healthcare communications companies with teams across the UK, US, India, Portugal and Switzerland. Our reputation is built on excellence and creativity, bound by a common philosophy and a commitment to providing premium medical communications services tailored to meet the individual needs of our clients across the pharmaceutical and healthcare industries. Our mission is to improve outcomes for patients through the communication and application of healthcare knowledge. As our success continues to grow so does our need for talented individuals. The Fishawack Group of Companies has over 600 colleagues globally and is continuing to cement itself as one of the world’s leading groups of healthcare communications companies.
What you'll do
You will be the principal day-to-day point of contact internally for the event and have direct contact with stakeholders/faculty/delegates.
- Agree role and responsibilities with Events Manager/Senior Event Manager at commencement of project (e.g. venue liaison, delegate management, faculty management role)
- Attend internal project brief meetings and client calls as Establish and maintain good working relations with clients, faculty and key suppliers when working on those elements
- Support Event Team lead by arranging and attending regular status meetings as required
- Inputting in status reports as requested
- Arranging project debriefs following each event
- Liaise with suppliers to obtain quotations, secure services and with finance team for payments ensuring a financial tracker is created and maintained per event to record all supplier charges and credit card charges for reconciliation purpose
- Draft, develop and distribute faculty/delegate communications such as invitation letters, bulletin of information, logistics forms, confirmation details, welcome letters, personal itineraries, departure transfer information, thank you letters, and collate expenses
- Arrange and book faculty/delegate flights in line with client travel policies and arrange visa applications where necessary in accordance with company policy
- Manage and deliver all meetings-related tasks as requested by Senior Events team in-line with company style and client compliance/house style
- Responsible for maintaining tracker of participants/speakers
- Pre-meeting preparation including; collation of welcome packs, on-site equipment, ordering currency, Fishawack team travel
- Manage airport transfers and dinner where applicable
- Have an events background having worked in an agency or similar environment
- Strong computer skills are required, including knowledge of MS Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Excellent communication skills, verbally, written and face-to-face
- Must be a team player and able to work effectively within the events and account teams
- Demonstrate a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Able to work on own initiative; prioritise tasks and activities to deliver within agreed deadlines
- Be attentive and able to understand and act on requests from internal teams and clients
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to multi-task and work under pressure
We offer a creative, supportive environment with a uniquely diverse career structure where you will be able to continuously develop. Our STEPS training programme – Supporting Training, Enhancing Professional Development – provides a broad range of training delivered in-house and on-line, and supplements on-the-job training/project team-led training initiatives. We also offer a generous company pension, private medical insurance plus many other excellent employee benefits.