Financial Planning and Analysis- Business Partner
Salary: £Competitive (DOE) + excellent benefits (pension, healthcare etc.)
Reports to: Head of FP&A
About the role
This is a brand-new role and will be an integral part of our growing FP&A function and will provide key support to the continued growth of the group. You will work in close partnership with senior management to provide comprehensive financial reporting and analysis updates. Delivering financial support to commercial decision-making across the business, you will drive continuous process improvement to identify cost-savings and develop efficiencies wherever possible. In return, Fishawack will offer you excellent job benefits, on-going career opportunities and a supportive & flexible working environment.
Who are the Fishawack Group of Companies?
Established in 2001, we are a group of dynamic healthcare communications companies with teams across the UK, US, India, Portugal and Switzerland. Our reputation is built on excellence and creativity, bound by a common philosophy and a commitment to providing premium medical communications services tailored to meet the individual needs of our clients across the pharmaceutical and healthcare industries. Our mission is to improve outcomes for patients through the communication and application of healthcare knowledge. The Fishawack Group of Companies has over 600 colleagues globally and is continuing to cement itself as one of the world’s leading groups of healthcare communications companies.
What you'll do
- Lead point of contact for Business Unit SLT, working in close partnership to provide accurate, timely and comprehensive financial reporting and analysis.
- Deliver monthly revenue recognition and fee analysis, ensuring exceptions are reviewed to ensure accuracy in line with revenue recognition procedures and policy.
- Monthly preparation of financial performance through SLT and Board KPI pack, providing commentary to explain variances and identify any future risk or opportunities.
- Provide re-forecasting models to monitor BU progress against current FY target.
- Preparation of annual budget P&L, Balance Sheet and cash-flow for future FY. Working alongside budget holders to build detailed models and scenarios based on target margins set by the FW Board
- Work with key overhead budget holders and Management Accounts to ensure expenditure is monitored against budget and any significant variance, risk or opportunity is reported to the FW Board
- Provide support and assistance with year-end audit as required
- Provide knowledge and support to develop oracle NetSuite across the group
- Support continuous improvement of group process, ensuring compliance with appropriate policy across the group
- Provide financial support to commercial decision making, particularly in relation to client pricing models
- Challenge current ways of working, driving efficiencies and cost savings wherever possible
- Be comfortable dealing with and working through issues and operational challenges with project teams and other stakeholders, getting into details to ensure you understand the cost drivers of the business and can provide insight to the non-finance members
- Qualified ACCA, CIMA or ACA (Part Qualified & QBE considered)
- Proven experience as a Finance Analyst or working within an FP&A function
- Working technical knowledge of reporting standards and management accounting techniques, with a focus on trading balance sheet accounts (Accruals, Prepayments, Accrued Income, Deferred Income) and Profit & Loss reporting/analysis.
- Competent in use of excel modelling
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness to travel
We offer a creative, supportive environment with a uniquely diverse career structure where you will be able to continuously develop. Our STEPS training programme – Supporting Training, Enhancing Professional Development – provides a broad range of training delivered in-house and on-line, and supplements on-the-job training/project team-led training initiatives. We also offer a generous company pension, private medical insurance plus many other excellent employee benefits.