Financial & Tax Accountant
Salary: £Negotiable (DOE) + excellent benefits
About the role
A newly created role, to support the Group Financial Controller in all aspects of direct & indirect taxation and to ensure the correct, complete and timely delivery of all tax returns. You will understand the inputs to returns and to help develop, and continually improve, the groups tax reporting and control framework. You will already have tax knowledge, but training will be provided regarding international tax areas.
Who are the Fishawack Group of Companies?
Established in 2001, we are a group of dynamic healthcare communications companies with teams across the UK, US, India, Portugal and Switzerland. Our reputation is built on excellence and creativity, bound by a common philosophy and a commitment to providing premium medical communications services tailored to meet the individual needs of our clients across the pharmaceutical and healthcare industries. Our mission is to improve outcomes for patients through the communication and application of healthcare knowledge. As our success continues to grow so does our need for talented individuals. The Fishawack Group of Companies has over 600 colleagues globally and is continuing to cement itself as one of the world’s leading groups of healthcare communications companies.
What you'll do
- Work with Group Financial Controller to collate & analyse tax data and in preparing for tax issues emerging from changing legislation
- Liaise with tax advisers regarding UK, US & Swiss tax computations
- Manage communications with HMRC
- Ownership of all tax related P&L and Balance Sheet numbers as part of the month end close process
- Ensure tax compliance and guide colleagues across the finance function on a range of financials & tax issues
- Oversee accurate tax payments to appropriate third parties – tax authorities and pension & benefit providers
- Assist in evaluating, monitoring and mitigating tax compliance risks including advising of where changes in tax laws will affect the group
- Corporation Tax - Prepare financial information & review returns prepared by advisers
- VAT - complete groups VAT Returns & coordinate the European VAT Returns with advisers
- Transfer Pricing - maintain appropriate transfer pricing documentation
- Payroll - knowledge of payroll, taxes and reporting obligations, to review & submit data
- Assist AR team with required Client tax documentation
- National Statistics reporting and US equivalents
- Project work as required
You are likely to a qualified ACA, CIMA or ACCA, but part qualified & QBE will be considered. You will need to evolve with the growing requirements of the business, so you must be continuously looking for ways to improve and challenge current processes.
- Able to work to required deadlines
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills with both financial & non-financial personnel
- Ability to analyse & interpret data
- Well organised, efficient with excellent attention to detail
- Strong research skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Computer literate, especially strong Excel skills
- Knowledge of tax and VAT
We offer a creative, supportive environment with a uniquely diverse career structure where you will be able to continuously develop. Our STEPS training programme – Supporting Training, Enhancing Professional Development – provides a broad range of training delivered in-house and on-line, and supplements on-the-job training/project team-led training initiatives. We also offer a generous company pension, private medical insurance plus many other excellent employee benefits.