3rd Line Support Engineer
Salary: £Competitive (DOE) + excellent benefits (pension, healthcare etc.)
Reports to: IT Infrastructure Manager
About the role
The 3rd Line Support Engineer brings the opportunity to work within a rapidly scaling group of businesses using current SaaS based applications and platforms, mixed with more established IT environments. Your role will be primarily project based, working on improving our current systems and infrastructure and effectively maintaining those systems. Alongside the chance to work flexibly when required, you will have the opportunity to occasionally travel across the UK and internationally.
Who are the Fishawack Group of Companies?
Established in 2001, we are a group of dynamic healthcare communications companies with teams across the UK, US, India, Portugal and Switzerland. Our reputation is built on excellence and creativity, bound by a common philosophy and a commitment to providing premium medical communications services tailored to meet the individual needs of our clients across the pharmaceutical and healthcare industries. Our mission is to improve outcomes for patients through the communication and application of healthcare knowledge. As our success continues to grow so does our need for talented individuals. The Fishawack Group of Companies has over 600 colleagues globally and is continuing to cement itself as one of the world’s leading groups of healthcare communications companies.
What you'll do
- Manage and maintain core SaaS based infrastructure
- Manage and maintain virtualised infrastructure
- Manage and maintain legacy hardware systems
- Manage and maintain backups and DR
- Proactively suggest and deliver improvements and fixes
- Document processes and maintain documentation on infrastructure and systems
- Assist with planning and implementation on internal infrastructure and IT projects
- Support AV, Anti-Spam filtering and email tenant migrations
- Provide third line support of complex end user issues, networking issues, server and infrastructure maintenance,
- Provide ongoing support to the 1/2 line team
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience and/or Certifications.
- Ideally 3+ years’ hands-on IT experience
- Excellent knowledge of hardware, virtualised and SaaS based systems and infrastructure
- Backup and DR management experience
We offer a creative, supportive environment with a uniquely diverse career structure where you will be able to continuously develop. Our STEPS training programme – Supporting Training, Enhancing Professional Development – provides a broad range of training delivered in-house and on-line, and supplements on-the-job training/project team-led training initiatives. We also offer a generous company pension, private medical insurance plus many other excellent employee benefits.